NewYork Where to ride around Clifton Park/Saratoga NY?

I live in CP as well and have been looking for places to ride. The closest club I found is http://www.ncatva.com/ near lake luzerne about 45 min north. I hear there are some trails in Galway, but I think they're all on private land. There's a sand pit next to i87 south just south of the twin bridges, but I have no idea if riding is allowed there.

CATRA is out by Galway - private club but lots of trails to ride. They used to have a website but I'm having trouble finding it at the mo'.

Twister Valley and Parker MX are both really fun tracks, too. Definitely recommend checking 'em out.

Paradox mx and Royal moutain are pretty close to there. Ive never been to roayl but Paradox mx is a great track. they have a website www.paradoxmx.com

royal mtn is in Caroga lake and it was tonight Wednesday is supercross through the summer, this Saturday is supercross, and this sunday full track motocross.

http://royalmountain.com/motocross.htm

the track has gotten a lot easier but its still fun.

catra is serious trail riding in the mountains and if you go make sure you have a headlight it gets dark quick and the trails are knarly

twistervalley is in fort plain and they are currently flooded out like the national guard is there and people have died, so i don't know if they are open right now but they hold practice on Tuesday nights. i haven't been there in 7 yrs but the triples were nice and the track had some good elevation change back then. they also have a supercross track that is tight

Edited by BHD451

catra is serious trail riding in the mountains and if you go make sure you have a headlight it gets dark quick and the trails are knarly

LOL.  CATRA is not in the mountains.  Yes, it is in the park, but is right next to Sacandaga Lake - about 30 minutes from Saratoga Springs,  and no you do not need a light to ride the trails.

For the newbies the trails are marked very clearly and are all one way - We have 3 "easy" trails, 2 Med and 3 Hard all marked one way - the easy trails are not bad at all.  Its single track, but we do get a few quads once in a while (the quads go to North Country club). 

If your on a dirt bike, come check it out by going to a club meeting to meet the gang and find out how to get there - here is the web site

http://www.capitalareatrailriders.com/

Every year we also host a NETRA harescramble and a Trials event - this year its a NYACT Vintage Observed Trials

Edited by Crash354

Check out the pits at waterford. Good time. The pits south of twin bridges are way off limits. That place us posted and has a huge hand made wooden sign specifically says no dirtbikes or atvs. People do ride there but it's just locals that live near by. They can get there without truck and trailer and scoot around for an hour or so on a Sunday without bringin any heat. Place is huuuuge and has some gnarly hills.

Never mind on the pits in wTerford. This week they started telling people to stay out cause place is getting trashed.

Never mind on the pits in wTerford. This week they started telling people to stay out cause place is getting trashed.

Ive been riding there since I was 11 years old. I know they closed it. Are you on the Facebook page 518 Local Sunday Riders? 

Ive been riding there since I was 11 years old. I know they closed it. Are you on the Facebook page 518 Local Sunday Riders?

I used to be but I made a new FB four months ago and don't have the local sunday riders anymore. I rode there twice last week. It's basically only locals that go there now

FYI WATERFORD PITS ARE CLOSED FOREVER

Closed? It was never open in the first place. PRIVATE PROPERTY and the poor owners put up with the local yahoos for way too long and out of towners coming to trespass. No wonder they started cracking down. Ride legal or specifically get permission from land owners or join a club where you can ride whenever you want!

Come to CATRA www.capitalareatrailriders.com

• Like 1

Closed? It was never open in the first place. PRIVATE PROPERTY and the poor owners put up with the local yahoos for way too long and out of towners coming to trespass. No wonder they started cracking down. Ride legal or specifically get permission from land owners or join a club where you can ride whenever you want!

Come to CATRA www.capitalareatrailriders.com

I am interested in joining and would like more info. The website has some good photos and videos but I'm looking for more info regarding size of riding area, number of trails, parking, etc. How could I get this info?

I am interested in joining and would like more info. The website has some good photos and videos but I'm looking for more info regarding size of riding area, number of trails, parking, etc. How could I get this info?

I am a club member and we own just over 300 acres of land... We have tons of well marked trails for all skill abilities from beginner to expert i would say we have about 12 well marked trails. Tons of parking some people even camp out and ride for a few days. We have meetings in Ballston lake every first thurday of every month at 730 and we meet upstairs of Carneys restaurant.  info@CapitalAreaTrailRiders.club for more info. You dont have to join right away just come to a meeting and meet some members and yoou can ride as a guest a few times then decide if you want to join!

• Like 1