Sign in to follow this  

Best powerband for 2001 crf100r?

now me and the mad scientist gotta tear the engine down and replaced the little hola poppers you &%$#@! up

• Like 1

I finally replaced my powerband, now I just need a new set of muffler bearings.

• Like 1

Try Kale Auto, and don't forget to replace your 710 cap!

Change you powerband pump while your at it, all that oil getting pumped when you hit the powerband wears out the fins! I hear the Turquoise ones give a pretty good hit.

Good choice changing the muffler bearings, did you buy the ceramic ones to substain all that heat from the powerband flowing out the pipe? :thumbsup:

If you don't hear your muffler bearings when you're doing a wheelie, they probably need to be changed.

If you don't hear your muffler bearings when you're doing a wheelie, they probably need to be changed.
is this something where if it was taken out it would have more hp?

is that something that needs removed?

what do you mean you took it out an't it just tuning?

is this something where if it was taken out it would have more hp?

you have never even changed the oil in you muffler bearing oil wick?!

some people take the muffler bearing out. here is one example. its not an xr100, but the idea still applies. look at the part diagram i posted above. its part #4. remove the three bolts with a 8mm socket. take out the end of the muffler to remove the bearing. someone might have already removed it tho. ;)

muffler_bearings.jpg

Edited by MCRIPPPer

you have never even changed the oil in you muffler bearing oil wick?!

some people take the muffler bearing out. here is one example. its not an xr100, but the idea still applies.

muffler_bearings.jpg

would you ever stop kidding around! There is no muffler bearing I think it's a baffle that looks like a bearing in the pic!

oh, yea. keep in mind that putting in the wrong color power band will cause detonation.

knock_585.jpg

DS80, this whole thread is trolling. There is no part called a power band for any motor, nor is there a muffler bearing. However, this is the perfect time for me to remind all of you to change to your summer air in your tires, and top up your blinker fluid!:p

I knicked (stole) my friends powerband off his CR250R when he wasn't looking. But yea, I'm going all out with ceramic muffler bearing. Sooo smooth.

those high grade ceramic hybrid muffler bearings sure are worth the extra 10grand.

• Like 1