New two piece coolant cover by Boyesen

looks cool. looks plastic though. coolant fan looks ceramic. though flowin more coolant isnt necessarily a good thing..... coolant moving too fast can actually not take out all the heat.... or so this is the experience I have with drag cars. And it sorta looks plastic.... would it get brittle if left in the sun? Can it handle cleanin agents? I know boyesen makes great products.. but this one is iffy. Thanks for another reference on covers though.

PS- Im trashin ya. just statin some thoughts I had. honestly there are quite a few of these covers out there.... must mean people are likin this bike more than we know ?

looks cool. looks plastic though. coolant fan looks ceramic. though flowin more coolant isnt necessarily a good thing..... coolant moving too fast can actually not take out all the heat.... or so this is the experience I have with drag cars. And it sorta looks plastic.... would it get brittle if left in the sun? Can it handle cleanin agents? I know boyesen makes great products.. but this one is iffy. Thanks for another reference on covers though.

PS- Im trashin ya. just statin some thoughts I had. honestly there are quite a few of these covers out there.... must mean people are likin this bike more than we know ?

It looks like a prototype unit to me. I know the production ones are very nice aluminum. I had one on my YZ250. I'm going to call and get one for my KXF.

I am still surprised that nobody has made a cover with fins on it. A little extra cooling at the cover would help both oil and water temps.

That cover does look plastic. If it really is plastic for the final product, I guess that would be ok. Aluminum would allow for better cooling to the outside air though. It looks neat in plastic. You can sort of see through it. I guess there are more choices now for replacement covers, thats nice.

Thanks alot. It worked. Yea, that looks sweet being see thru, but im kinda leary on it if its plastic, since im sure its gunna get a couple of wacks here and there from our boots and it would probobly smash or something...or even worse, take after the yammies and fade or warp plastic making it look like CRAP...but who knows eh... :D?:D

Does anyone know what the price is for the cover/impeller combo?? I think I'd be interested. Anyone have one?? I'd love to hear some testimonials.

Jimbo

I checked on thier website, and it seems the other water pump covers (like the ones for the CRF and YZF) are going for $94.95. So they should be around that price, maybe a bit higher due to the capabilites of the KXF cover having the seperate removeable oil filter cover.

I also found out that the cover on the website is just the prototype and the production covers will be made of aluminum and come powdercoated like the other ones Boyesen makes!

The material on the picture is a plastic material used for prototyping. They can design the part using a computer, download the file to a machine called stereolithography and the part is generated.

Impressive that Boyesen has this capability. They are expensive systems, but valuable in getting designs done right.