Sign in to follow this  

Kidney Belts?

Hi

I have recently been getting pain in my sides, just below my rib cage after riding.

I wondered if anyone has had a similar thing, and started using a kidney belt to help???

It feels like my insides are slightly bruised............

Hi

I have recently been getting pain in my sides, just below my rib cage after riding.

I wondered if anyone has had a similar thing, and started using a kidney belt to help???

It feels like my insides are slightly bruised............

I used to get a very sore lower back, so i got a kidney belt and then i never had that problem again. Give one a try and hopefully it helps :)

• Like 1

I am just a rookie rider and started riding just a bit over a year ago but my dad taught me to never ride without a kidney belt.

I started riding from day one with one and now I cannot ride without one.

Its not only helpfull for your kidneys but also supports your lower back.

it just feels so stable with a kidney belt on, the tighter i can get the belt to fit the better :p

And especially in countries where most tracks are stone-hard you should never ride bumpy terrain without a kidney belt..

your kidneys dont like shaking...

I don't ride without one. When I was younger, I got away with it...nowadays, for any spirited riding, it holds me together.

They work. Night and day difference.

All the jumping causes things to bounce around and those are your kidneys hurting, the belt will make that problem go away.

It seems the younger generation of riders do not wear so much , maybe because the newer bikes having better suspension.

But , I have been MXing since 1973 and have always , and still ride with one. Old timers will remember the " GOLD BELT "

Any particular brands that might be more comfortable than another?

I have one that's just a big velcro strap...the others are attached to some type of pressure suit. I prefer the Velocity Gear Juggernaut