New Members Welcome Thread... : )

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, Ben Quinones said:

Hello all. New to thumpertalk and to this part of the the forum. Just purchased a 2017 crf250l. I really like the bike a lot. I sold my cbr1000rr to buy this(my friends all said I was crazy lol) and ride trails with my 10 year old son. This bikes no speed demon but it's perfect for what I need at the moment. No mods yet but first up will be a skid plate and hand gaurds. 

20171206_194926.jpg

Like that new color scheme...looks great, enjoy!

And good on you Dad for bringing up the kid right...:ride:

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I've been slowly modding it since I bought it back last spring. First things I did to the bike was protection.

I installed a moose skid plate and zeta hand guards. I also didn't want to be knocking of the turn signals when trail riding so the hand guards have the integrated turn signals in them. Use the triple tree mounts though, learned the hard way that the bar mounts will just bent the handle bars on light falls. Went through 3 sets of handlebars before finding this out.

Installed the DRC Edge2 rear fender delete kit with the integrated turn signals. However, this unit doesn't come sealed so I sealed it all up with silicon sealant so the circuit board does not touch any water and it has been a success so far.

Next I put on new protaper se hand bars because I bent the stock ones. Then, because I bent both pedals,  I installed a 2017 folding shifter and a zeta folding brake pedal as well. For the tires I went with a mt21 front and a t63 rear. Also installed a MSI fuel tank.

Now I'm just waiting for my race tech setup to be done.

Edited by drider14
  • Like 1

Been away from motorcycles for a few years, saw one of these online and knew I had to dive back in. 

Nothing more than a lap around the neighborhood so far, still sitting at 1 mile. 

C9856FBC-EBEA-4E66-9F66-2C2AE122FEB6.jpeg

Edited by maslin
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi all. New member from Alabama. Just purchased two 17 model CRF250Ls. My 14 year old son had been begging for a dirt bike for some time. I have been wanting to get back into riding. So I figured now was as good a time as any. We have had them about a month and have already gotten carried away with mods. FMF Q4 with powerbomb header, EJK, K&N airfilter, 13/42 sprockets, 12oClockLabs speedo programmer, and TST rear fender eliminator. And, thanks to quite a few on here we are researching suspension.

• Like 1

Sounds like you and your son are having fun. That's what its all about!

10 hours ago, RichWill said:

Hi all. New member from Alabama. Just purchased two 17 model CRF250Ls. My 14 year old son had been begging for a dirt bike for some time. I have been wanting to get back into riding. So I figured now was as good a time as any. We have had them about a month and have already gotten carried away with mods. FMF Q4 with powerbomb header, EJK, K&N airfilter, 13/42 sprockets, 12oClockLabs speedo programmer, and TST rear fender eliminator. And, thanks to quite a few on here we are researching suspension.

• Like 1

Hi All,

Just purchased my first dual sport, a 2013 CRF250L. So far I put about 30 miles on her due to bad weather (W. PA) & timing issues. Hoping to spend much more time on her this year as I plan on riding the MABDR. Planning on riding as much as I can (ANF) and meeting some of you folks!

Capture.JPG

• Like 1