530 EXC cutting out when hot

Just test ridden the bike. Issue is not resolved just yet... So in my view that leaves only signal coil or cdi.

Before she stops there often is a misfire. If i then take it very slowly she will keep running. If i keep the power on she'll stop firing completely within some seconds. While rolling I can twist the throttle but no effect at all. If it were fuel then she'd fire on the injected fuel from the accelerator pump I would think?

Next time you ride your bike, bring a plug wrench. When your bike dies take out the plug and try turning over your engine to see if you have spark. I would also bring a volt meter and when your bike dies, take a voltage reading at your sparkplug cap, battery and coil.

I have a 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200 street bike. My bike ran great until I rode about 60 miles, then my bike would just die. I thought it was bad gas, carburation, replaced handlebar clutch safety switch and replaced entire left side handlebar switch assembly, bike still would die. A very frustrating and long story made short, it turned out to be a bad neutral safety relay on the motor. My bike ran great until the safety relay got hot and then my bike would shut down, no spark. Just sharing a problem that could be similar to your current problem in that something is getting hot causing your bike to shut down.

Good ideas but be careful taking a reading at the cap. There's enough voltage there to cook à meter that isn't on the proper setting, and many meters won't read that high. An inductive meter would be safer.

I had a problem with my '09 530-EXC that would cause the engine to die out when hot also. Tried all the usual things, plug, coil, stator, cap & then a mate & I traced it to the ignition starter switch on the handle bar. Turns out the switch energizes the coil but also feeds power to the starter. The switch is not sealed very well & the contacts were corroded causing the issue. AUS$80.00 switch & problem solved. May be worth a try??

2013 KTM 500-EXC & 2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200

reviving an old thread. my 15 500 XCW is doing the same thing. cannot locate the "ignition signal pickup spool" can you tell me what part that is. can't find it on parts fiche. thanks in advance.

reviving an old thread. my 15 500 XCW is doing the same thing. cannot locate the "ignition signal pickup spool" can you tell me what part that is. can't find it on parts fiche. thanks in advance.

crank sensor attached to the stator

Welp, I finally got around to replacing the pulsar coil. That didn't fix the problem of the bike bogging down beyond 1/2 ~ 3/4 throttle. Guess I'll take her to the dealer.....20170303_125042_resized.jpg

Update: it was the fuel pump. Not even 40 hours on my bike and the fuel pump is bad. Seems to have happened a lot on KTM500s...

3 hours ago, 3girlsdad said:

Update: it was the fuel pump. Not even 40 hours on my bike and the fuel pump is bad. Seems to have happened a lot on KTM500s...

Yeah, I think its mostly split fuel filters, its a toss up whether you get a good or bad one. I have over 500 hours on my fuel pump never an issue yet, but it does make you question the plastic fuel filters quality.  Its normally new bikes that seem to get the issue the most.

Edited by Spud786