Husqvarna 2014 and forward... Or life after BMW.

Actually it was a good thing KTM ended up with Husqvarna... because had BMW kept Husqvarna we'd be riding Indian build Husqvarna TEs/TCs and TXCs.

What a lot of people don't know was this was part of a plan by BMW to compete with KTM in the Indian market. The first part was an exchange of technology with Husqvarna and taht was to be followed up with BMW motorcycle being manufactured in India

As it is BMW cut a deal with TVS and TVS is now going to jointly build BMWs in India instead of Husqvarnas.

You wouldn't want an Indian built Husqvarna?

Yes... KTM builds their 125, 200 and 390 duke's in India to KTM specs.

Those TVS Husqvarna copies are to TVS specs.

But the Indian built KTM is OK?

Edited by joedit

I cant think of any product from India that I use except maybe saffron rice once in a blue moon.

There's a very good chance that many of us Americans are going to be waiting in line for the new 390 duke that's meeting rave reviews in Europe.

Husqvarna will also be getting a version of the 390 duke ... Maybe even being labeled a 400 scrambler.

I see no info that the offroad Huskys will be built in India. I would bet nine nickels and four pennies they will be built in the exact location the Husabergs were.

I believe there a plan to produce a whole line of Indian built Husqvarnas just for the emerging markets like south east Asia, Africa and South America.

All Husqvarna competition based dirt bikes will be manufactured on the same production line as the current husabergs.

They will be.

I suppose you can say Italian built Husqvarnas were nothing more than CAGIVA'S with Husqvarna stickers.

Or I still remember when all the Husqvarna parts had a little Cagiva Elephant Logo cast into them before they started casting with just a Husqvarna Logo.

cagiva_logo.gif

Just another way to look at it.

I suppose you can say Italian built Husqvarnas were nothing more than CAGIVA'S with Husqvarna stickers.

Or I still remember when all the Husqvarna parts had a little Cagiva Elephant Logo cast into them before they started casting with just a Husqvarna Logo.

cagiva_logo.gif

Just another way to look at it.

We both know that is true of the 2 strokes but the Italians continued to build (and improve) the Swedish designed 4 strokes for a long time. Heck BMW finally killed of the last remnants of the Swedish 4 strokes, not the italians. I know you know this but just conveniently fail to mention this because it does not support your statements.

We both know that is true of the 2 strokes but the Italians continued to build (and improve) the Swedish designed 4 strokes for a long time. Heck BMW finally killed of the last remnants of the Swedish 4 strokes, not the italians. I know you know this but just conveniently fail to mention this because it does not support your statements.

I Well yes and no... The Swedish designed Husqvarna 4-stroke stayed around in the cagiva stable from 1991 to 2003.... That's something like 12 years.

The CAGIVA designed 450 and510 4-strokes life cycle went from 2004 to 2010 for some odd 5 years.

The BMW/designed 449/511 had an eve shorter life cycle from 2011 to 2013 for just 2 years.

Truth is the Italians and German designed 4 stokes combined had a shorter production run than the Swedish designed and Italian built 4 strokes.

All and all CAGIVA and Husqvarna really didn't do much as far as farthering innovation for the Husqvarna brand.

Justsayen

Edited by HuskyRips

I Well yes and no... The Swedish designed Husqvarna 4-stroke stayed around in the cagiva stable from 1991 to 2003.... That's something like 12 years.

The CAGIVA designed 450 and510 4-strokes life cycle went from 2004 to 2010 for some odd 5 years.

The BMW/designed 449/511 had an eve shorter life cycle from 2011 to 2013 for just 2 years.

Truth is the Italians and German designed 4 stokes combined had a shorter production run than the Swedish designed and Italian built 4 strokes.

All and all CAGIVA and Husqvarna really didn't do much as far as farthering innovation for the Husqvarna brand.

Justsayen

Who built the 1990 510s, they do not count ?

The cagiva designed 450/510 was 2003,2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009, & 2010. I count 8 years.

The 449/511 is out in 2014 models, so I count 2011,2012,2013, & 2014. I count 4 years.

Remnants of the swedish 4 stroke remained in the top end of the e-start 610s through 2009.

I know you know this stuff but you just like slanting things to enforce your opinion.

You did help confirm that the ktm is throwing the baby out with the bath water while Cagiva did not.