230X Finished- NOW with pics

Bike is all back together, and I don't seem to have any extra nuts and bolts laying around- good sign! Planning on starting it for the first time tomorrow to at least break in the cam and find any problems before I drag it all the way to the closest ATV park.

Mods done-

Suspension:

Tossed original front Pirelli tire for new one that doesn't suck, Racetech emulators, fork brace, seal savers, Hlebo shock.

Rear disc conversion with 250R wheel assembly, caliper and master.

Cockpit:

ProTaper CR High Bend bars, Tusk risers, Tusk brush guards, soft and tall seat foam, sharpened stock foot pegs (after all this stuff- too cheap to spring for lowered footpegs still).

Drivetrain:

233cc BBR piston, Webcam 89A cam with HD springs and new rockers, ported head & back-cut valves with matched intake, bored out stock carb (jetted with 132 main, 50 pilot, and '03-'05 needle in fourth groove for now), BBR rev box, stock exhaust with baffles/welds ground out, 14 front sprocket/ 48 rear with non-o-ring 520 chain.

Flatland racing skid plate, BRM Offroad graphics kit http://www.brmoffroad.com/

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG

Edited by kunkle
  • Like 1

Nice! That muffler looks like a big shotgun shell

ST O.D.

LOL! Never thought of it- but , yeah- it does. Maybe I should put a Winchester sticker on the muffler!

Edited by kunkle

Looks good, nice list of mods. Is that a soft/tall seat foam and seat cover kit?

Tech25

Yeah. Not a Guts though- bought it off ebay. Definitely softer than the stock seat and a little higher- I can only touch on the balls of my feet now instead of almost flat-footing it. I'm 5'11'.

Red caliper paint was cooking on the muffler, but silver header paint is still great on the header. Only red header paint I could find is actually more of a crappy burnt orange- so I decided to strip the muffler bare and redo it with the silver header paint that's already on the header. Actually I think it's turned into a bit of a happy accident- turns out I like the muffler in silver better than the red after all.

x1 (1).JPGx1 (2).JPG

• 1 year later...

very nice....

if you didn't get the zip-off kind, loose those seal savers !

I had the same set-up on my bike, the seal saver will end up holding debris against the seal causing top seal to fail premature.

so I started pulling them down (like rolling a sock off) for cleaning but they lost the elastic quality..

IMHO a gator boot is MUCH better.