Problem with clutch maybe? Need help

So when my bikes siting in the garage not running and I put it into first an pull the clutch in the bike doesn't want to roll. It moves but it is very Little and you really have to muscle it. Funny thing is when the bikes running it seems not to have this problem. Unfortunately my mechanical expertise doesn't go far at all. Maybe I'm just an idiot but shouldn't it be easy to push my bike around in gear with the clutch pulled in. Like I said when I ride I really don't even notice a problem. I just didn't know if something might be wrong cause If there is I didn't want to make it worse. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2004 yz250f. Thanks for the answers. The thing that worried me is that it never seemed to do it before the other day. I stalled the bike on a bank an set it down an when I went to pick it up and roll it down the bank with the clutch in it just dragged the back wheel. It just never seemed to do that before so I figured I might have a problem. I did just recently take the clutch cover off and paint it but I never touched the inside and I also installed a new clutch perch but like I said the clutch work fine when I'm riding so I figured I couldn't have messed anything up.