Installing a battery on my dirt bike?

Well I've been looking at Ricky Stator and the stators they have isn't what I'm looking for. But if someone could confirm to me that I could use a later modle stator such as a 84 then I would make the upgrade. But as of right now it seems I'm stuck with the stock stator

Or I can like you said call them, but I'm most likely to get a response such as we can order that in but it's going to take a few weeks... Hughhh

Just convert the whole system to DC. Trail tech makes a regulator / rectifier that has a battery charging circuit built in. That would be the simplest thing to do assuming that your stator actually has enough output to run the lights / charge the battery etc etc.

My advice, rewind the stator run it thru a rectifier/regulator to charge a small battery. This will give the DC you need.

Alright thanks is there any certain regulator/rectifier that you can point me twords that would work for my bike you have been very helpful thanks

Sweet! Just what I was looking for. I'll order it and see what it does. Do you know by chance if it comes with some sort of wiring diagram

Also would you know a good battery to go with it. Preferably small so i can fit it in somewhere (hardly any space)

Sweet! Just what I was looking for. I'll order it and see what it does. Do you know by chance if it comes with some sort of wiring diagram

To use it properly the ground on the stator should be "floated" You can use it without floating the ground but if you dont float the ground none of your lights can ground to the frame. They will have to run back to the negative of the battery and the battery can not ground. This part has to be used with a battery or capacitor.

Also would you know a good battery to go with it. Preferably small so i can fit it in somewhere (hardly any space)

Check the link.

http://www.rickystator.com/catalog/3700-nimh-battery-vehicle-mount-p-631.html

So another question regarding the battery. How would I run a whole bundle of wires from that tiny wire on the battery do I use some kind of connector or what?

You just branch off the wire as many times as needed or use a terminal block.

Horn needs DC, most blinkers will work on AC. You dont really have enough power to run everything with the stock stator. It wont work right at idle as the power from the stator is way down, thats where the battery will really help

It depends on the specific reg/rec you buy. Like with the TrailTech unit, the blue wire connects to the black/negative lead of the battery to act as a charge limiter so the battery doesn't charge too fast during times of no load. The reg/rec you buy should come with a suggested wiring diagram or be available for downloading.

Alright then... Does the black and red wires on reg/rec go to the positive and negative ends of the battery