Places to ride in Rhode Island

• 2 months later...

I would like to meet other riders to ride with. I am a senior rider 56yrs old . I have a street legal KTM 250 xcfw registered in RI. I have been up to pachaug state forest in Conn a few times but without a map of the trails it's easy to get lost. I can go anytime retired so just name a day. I ride a lot in the woods behind my house on the johnston greenville line . I have like a 4 mile trail. I would like to try the trails in Fall River if anyone knows them just give me a shout .

Hey sparky...I'm also a senior(62) and I have a Honda crf250L. I frequently go to Freetown. Only 15 miles from my home in Riverside. Message me if you'd like to partner up. I usually ride alone...not the best idea...but I take it easy. Lots and lots of mud after all this rain. Might stick with the Harley this weekend until things dry out.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to meet other riders to ride with. I am a senior rider 56yrs old . I have a street legal KTM 250 xcfw registered in RI. I have been up to pachaug state forest in Conn a few times but without a map of the trails it's easy to get lost. I can go anytime retired so just name a day. I ride a lot in the woods behind my house on the johnston greenville line . I have like a 4 mile trail. I would like to try the trails in Fall River if anyone knows them just give me a shout .

watch your ass in there one of the most popular patrolled spots by Johnston pd on atv's

There is a lot of johnston pd in the area but not near us. They ride the power lines and snake den. I ride private property . They have 2 atv's we see them over near 295 on the old track near the church. If they would open up snake den that would be great but we have that idiot manzi she is all against dirt bikes and atv's. the town has an ordnace no atv's there is a $300. fine and they tow your bike. So why would you stop

I rode that track near the church once, that was enough. The best place was slatersville rez, also known as tift's sandpits. They put the clampdown on it quite a few years ago. Not huge, but it had everything you need, miss that place. There's a little bit up here in the northeast corner, I mainly just cut thru to get into mass, I have a street plate. Once there the trails go on and on. I've only been out once this year due to selling my house but plan to start up again later this month. If anyone has a plate on their bike and wants to rip some trails let me know. The start would most likely be franklin , mass. That may be a long way for some of you guys.

• Like 1

hey guys im heading to hodges dam saturday in the a.m. , my son hurt his back so he is done for a bit and dont care to ride alone . trails are pretty good if anyone wants to ride.

I'm interested in riding there. It looks like a nice place to ride and about the closest place to Charlestown, RI that I can take my son.

Do you have a MA sticker? Do I need one? I have a NY plated Dual sport and my son has a NY registered trail bike.

I have only been there twice both times we started at Spaulding Rd. Next time we go we are going to go to Mt Misery near the ranger station. I am going to go to the thrill and chill turkey run on 7/21 in W Greenwich . . It's a 25+ mile ride put on by the Rhody Rovers anyone want to go? Go to NETRA turkey runs to get more information. I hear it's a great ride.

Edited by sparky620

... I am going to go to the thrill and chill turkey run on 7/21 in W Greenwich . . It's a 25+ mile ride put on by the Rhody Rovers anyone want to go? Go to NETRA turkey runs to get more information. I hear it's a great ride.

I went on that TR last year and it was GREAT! Great group of people, but is much longer than 25mi though, or at least it was last year. Varied terrain, sand, rocks, everything! I thought it was 65-70 total miles. I am going to try and make it this year but need to plate my CRF before-hand in order to do so.

Edited by Eddie8v

There are 2 different rides one for enduro and one for the adventure riders. I talked to dave and he said it was the same course as they do the enduro race on 25 plus.there is a longer ride for the bigger adventure bikes but I much rather ride the rough terrain. I am riding with a freind on Sunday but 3 or four riders would be better.

I don't think that's right. There's 25+ miles of a certain type of trail/terrain with much more than that, as well. Street connectors, too. I just don't want you to think it's a 25mi turkey run, that's very short. Their flyer should explain the route, terrain and length.