Sign in to follow this  

Stuck and can't find this part!

Rebuilt my 03 cr250 all new except I can't put it togather because I can not find a new set of swing arm pivot collars one of mine was trashed n broke ideas or leads please!! The collars are the ones on the engine case that the swing arm bolt goes through thanks y'all

Edited by tfh383

You might be screwed here. It looks like it might be part of the case. Can you get the other one out and have a machinist duplicate it? How do mangle that part anyway?

yep, they are part of the case, but if you are lucky, you can find a busted case on ebay for cheap, and swap out the one thats broke. going to have to split the cases to doi it though.

Ya so far no luck finding them online used or new.. I took one to a tool maker to see what he can make me some for as far as how it happen I have no clue the swing arm bearings were trashed may have contributed to it...u dont have to split the case to get them out n in

Ya so far no luck finding them online used or new.. I took one to a tool maker to see what he can make me some for as far as how it happen I have no clue the swing arm bearings were trashed may have contributed to it...u dont have to split the case to get them out n in

you might be able to tap those out (if u are lucky) without cracking the case. the best way is to split the cases, and press them out. i assume honda uses an adhesive in there, and tapping them out with a punch might be risky.

Man this would be no prob for a decent machinist, but personally I would just make a snugly-fitting sleeve from a piece of steel alloy/oiled-bronze/brass bushing-stock.

If you cannot find what you want in a local machinist/industrial-supply store, McMaster-Carr will def have it, tho shipping will be more than the cost of the part, ntm that you cannot bring the cases with you, which would be even better than just figuring the ID/OD.

But this should be an easy, cheap fix.