Sign in to follow this  

My Beta Transformer! What do you think?

From the beast:

1add906e-95ca-48b7-84b6-b968d1ee4137_zps21bef316.jpg

ce06b67c-04f6-4906-ba46-f07e73c335a7_zps5780c7d8.jpg

To lean, mean, single track machine, in less than 30 minutes:

IMG_20130405_115155_zps23a0578c.jpg

IMG_20130405_115123_zps394da8e7.jpg

This will be the first time I have ever ridden serious off road on my Beta stripped down. If it works out as a good single track machine, I will be selling my KTM 300 and my street bike to put some cash together for a new 300RR. I'm hoping by the end of this year or beginning of next.

I figure by resetting the sag and a few clicker adjustments this bike will be the hot ticket to nasty trails. I was able to do nasty stuff with it bagged up. So I figure it will be MUCH better after losing 30 lbs or so…...

BTW, the bags are still attached but empty (except for the spare tube).

Edited by ballisticexchris

30lbs is a lot of weight, what all did you remove?
I'm guesstimating, but over 2 gal of fuel, 5lbs of tank, and 10+ lbs of tools, spare tubes and stuff.

From the beast:

1add906e-95ca-48b7-84b6-b968d1ee4137_zps21bef316.jpg

ce06b67c-04f6-4906-ba46-f07e73c335a7_zps5780c7d8.jpg

To lean, mean, single track machine, in less than 30 minutes:

IMG_20130405_115155_zps23a0578c.jpg

IMG_20130405_115123_zps394da8e7.jpg

This will be the first time I have ever ridden serious off road on my Beta stripped down. If it works out as a good single track machine, I will be selling my KTM 300 and my street bike to put some cash together for a new 300RR. I'm hoping by the end of this year or beginning of next.

I figure by resetting the sag and a few clicker adjustments this bike will be the hot ticket to nasty trails. I was able to do nasty stuff with it bagged up. So I figure it will be MUCH better after losing 30 lbs or so…...

BTW, the bags are still attached but empty (except for the spare tube).

Nice open air shop :thumbsup:
  • Like 1

I like the stock tank MUCH better! I know it's a cosmetic preference.

And it does have its place. While the huge desert tank, extra fuel, and Buckin' Roll bag is great for long days in the saddle, the stock tank and fuel weigh about 1/3 as much. I can't wait to try it out!

Looks like tomorrow will be spent prepping my Ninja 650R to sell. I've made the decision to get away from the street bikes.

• Like 1

I like the stock tank MUCH better! I know it's a cosmetic preference.

Not much range with the stock tank but it does look much better, found out the hard way my reserve doesn't work. Maybe the IMS tank will look better, just .6 gal smaller though

Not much range with the stock tank but it does look much better, found out the hard way my reserve doesn't work. Maybe the IMS tank will look better, just .6 gal smaller though

I'm doing it to save weight. Plenty of range for local single track days.

I get 77 miles out of one tank. That's usually about 2.5 hours of hard riding. We rarely ride in the deep stuff far away from gas. Ct doesn't much have that luxury! I ride on reserve all the time. The regular "on" only lasts about 25 miles.

I could do 6 hours on a tank on my Husky WR250 with the stock tank, around 9 liters stock I think.

Ouch but I guess it is a high performance motor and the wheel is slipping in the dirt