KLX110 Pilot Jet

I got a hanging idle problem that I am reasonably sure is a lean idle issue. I need to try some larger pilot jets. The local parts counter monkey could not determine the correct part number for the larger jets I need.

So...please tell me the part numbers I need and a place online where I can easily procure them?

I think I want to get a #40 and a #42

Definitely go to jetsrus.com. You will probably find every jet for every carburetor made... its crazy. I just did some airbox mods and got a two bros pipe for my KLX110, and needed larger jets myself. Dealer was absolutely no help whatsoever, so I did some research and came across this place. I just ordered a #40 pilot and #85 main for a little over $20 shipped.

Follow this link for to see every jet available for the stock carb: http://www.jetsrus.com/a_jet_kit_dirt/kawasaki_110_KLX110_2002-2011.htm

Best of luck with your idle issues.

• Like 1

I got our's running again today but now it's exhibiting the same idle problems. A couple of years ago I let it set too long with gas in it and it completely gummed up the carburetor so I did a good cleaning then and it ran fine. Then last year it started dribbling fuel through the petcock to the carburetor even when turned to OFF. Turns out the rubber seals inside the petcock were eaten away and not sealing so I replaced all of them in the falls, cleaned the carb again, and let it set over the winter without any gas in it. But when I tried starting it today it would fire and run for a couple of seconds then die so I checked and the pilot jet was clogged and the bowl was green and had grit in it. I cleaned it again and got it running well enough to ride but it's still not 100% so I think I'll buy new jets.

Speaking of local dealers, last time I was in and asked for a quart of oil for a KLX110 the parts guy asked if it was a two-stroke. The first time I bought an oil filter I did not realize I also needed an o-ring and even though the parts clerk looked it up she didn't bother telling me to get it either, but I should have been suspicious when I asked for an oil filter for a KLX110 and she asked what was that? With local Big Four dealers like this I don't mind mail ordering.

My son has a 2005 DRZ 110 all stock with FMF power core. Can i go bigger with the jets to get more power without modding the intake or should i install a aftermarket intake and then go larger jets? what size jets would you recommend? He is racing a outdoor track series and needs just a little more power to pass some of the 65's.

Thanks!

• 6 years later...