Show me your...BETA !

backys

Visited my Dad in Golden Lake, had a dual sport type ride all the way to North of Barry's Bay to this Outlook.

Before we got to Barry's Bay though, we had to cross all this water on the trail, it goes all the way back around the bend.

I don't normally do water crossings, I hate the soggy boot feeling, but really had no choice here.

It's kind of scary crossing that much water when you've never even been on that trail before, had no idea how deep it would get.

The XTrainer handled this trip flawlessly, from my Dad's place to the Lookout in Barry's Bay is about 50km, plus all the side trails we checked out.

My buddy's EC300 uses quite a bit less fuel than the XTrainer, and it has a larger tank, he probably could have done the entire trip without getting fuel, and I'd probably need to use a full tank and a half or more.

Barrys Bay Lookout.jpg

Watercrossing.jpg

• Like 5

Ok, I will say the Mylers radiator is working excellent with the silicone hoses and the lower temp radiator sensor switch which seems to turn the fan on @ 180 degrees, last weekend the temperatures were crazy hot @ 100 +/-degrees on singletrack the Beta ran @ 180-210, Vs. with the old system @ 220-240 degrees. Though now I'll put more load on the battery with the fan starting @ 180, time will tell.......

A clean pic prior to getting dirty!

IMG_3464.JPG

Edited by Mark-us-B
  • Like 5

Ok, I will say the Mylers radiator is working excellent with the silicone hoses and the lower temp radiator sensor switch which seems to turn the fan on @ 180 degrees, last weekend the temperatures were crazy hot @ 100 +/-degrees on singletrack the Beta ran @ 180-210, Vs. with the old system @ 220-240 degrees. Though now I'll put more load on the battery with the fan starting @ 180, time will tell.......

A clean pic prior to getting dirty!
IMG_3464.JPG.2f79957b219694dcad0173587cd7b8dc.JPG

I'm not familiar with the 4t Betas just the 2ts. Did the silicone hoses eliminate the thermostat? What brand/ where did you get them?

Are you running the stock headlight? If so, it draws 50-65watts. The fan draws 35w.

I installed a headlight switch on my RS450 when I installed the fan. Switched out the stock bulb for a cheap $20 H4 LED from Amazon, which draws 32w. It's held up for two years now.
Also upgraded the stator to 100w, should have gone up to 150w.

Fan runs constantly in the single track but the bike always starts.

1 minute ago, djl2014 said:
3 hours ago, Mark-us-B said:

Are you running the stock headlight? If so, it draws 50-65watts. The fan draws 35w.

I installed a headlight switch on my RS450 when I installed the fan. Switched out the stock bulb for a cheap $20 H4 LED from Amazon, which draws 32w. It's held up for two years now.
Also upgraded the stator to 100w, should have gone up to 150w.

Fan runs constantly in the single track but the bike always starts.

Nice idea! My stock headlight is redundant for me as I rarely ride at night, turning it off for most of the time would help my battery live a happier life. I'll look into the switch for the headlight ASAP. And an LED light would help also. I've been lazy working on other aspects of keeping it cool, but not addressing a couple of good ones. 

I gotta a feeling that the fan is going to run a lot moving forward. 

Idling in the garage it slowly rises to 179/180 degrees then the fan kicks in and stops any increase in temps and holds @ plus/minus 2 degrees, gotta love that 180 degree sensor!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, otpipe said:

I'm not familiar with the 4t Betas just the 2ts. Did the silicone hoses eliminate the thermostat? What brand/ where did you get them?

There's lots of different companies that make thermostat delete silicone hose kits for out Beta's, people say Samco is a great alternative, I'm running a decent set of Chinese ones....

• Like 2

On 5/22/2017 at 4:46 PM, bsanderson06 said:

new plastics installed, graphics to follow. hate if you want lol already had some people call it 'sacrilegious' but whatever its plastics!

350rr.jpg

are you shitting me right now? This is AWESOME!!!!! ONlY thing to think about, if you crash you might get some shit talking lol its like ski clothes, only wear the brightest outfit if you can really jam. BEause when you wreck everyone is gonna see! 

That looks awesome man, i love it

Where did you get those?

• Like 1

are you shitting me right now? This is AWESOME!!!!! ONlY thing to think about, if you crash you might get some shit talking lol its like ski clothes, only wear the brightest outfit if you can really jam. BEause when you wreck everyone is gonna see! 
That looks awesome man, i love it
Where did you get those?

The florescent looks good. Probably a Polisport kit. I think Rocky Mountain ATV has them .

Break in ride done, 170 miles of single and two track. So the gas tank develop a major leak on the right side where the fuel pump/pick up attaches to the tank. Lost about 1/3 of the gas overnight. Any suggestions on that, I need a bigger tank anyways so looks like I'll be ordering a 3 gallon tomorrow.

19437360_10212856587230135_6770994677250635666_n.jpg

Kennedy

Edited by hollywood_72
  • Like 1

On 6/25/2017 at 3:33 PM, hollywood_72 said:

Break in ride done, 170 miles of single and two track. So the gas tank develop a major leak on the right side where the fuel pump/pick up attaches to the tank. Lost about 1/3 of the gas overnight. Any suggestions on that, I need a bigger tank anyways so looks like I'll be ordering a 3 gallon tomorrow.

19437360_10212856587230135_6770994677250635666_n.jpg

Kennedy

Doesnt the bike come w a warranty?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, poconovfr said:

couple of pics from last nights ride. Beautiful night in northeast Pa. 59550465cd030_IMG_0333(2).JPG.464a7b63f68fb822a24f5b853c5e257c.JPGIMG_0321.JPG.f1afd391ce86232b3e44fccbbae23224.JPG

Great pictures!  So green.  Makes me miss the east coast for sure.  Off topic question so I may get in trouble...  But how do you like the 350 for dual sporting?  I have a 500RS which is great for cruising at 60-65 and in general on the street, but it can be a little much on the trails.  Thinking about downsizing.  Any thoughts on your 350?  Thanks.

8 minutes ago, VTMTcowboy said:

Great pictures!  So green.  Makes me miss the east coast for sure.  Off topic question so I may get in trouble...  But how do you like the 350 for dual sporting?  I have a 500RS which is great for cruising at 60-65 and in general on the street, but it can be a little much on the trails.  Thinking about downsizing.  Any thoughts on your 350?  Thanks.

Gearing is key for the road. When I do a real dual sport, I'll change rear to a 48-47 tooth. My normal riding spot calls for a 50. Other then the gearing, it gets me from trail head to trail head just fine. As far as the rest of the bike? Go with a 430. The 350 is fun but after being saddled over a KLX450 for the last six years, the 350 took some getting used to. It's a great single track bike and works awesome in nasty technical stuff but I can not lie I miss the low down "there now" torque of the 450. I bought this bike used and on a budget. Had money been no object it would be a 2017 430 rrs.

And yes it has been a wet east coast year so far which in turn is kinda of pain in the ass...constantly pruning and clipping stuff back. Of course there isn't a dust problem right now either...

Edited by poconovfr