backys

Show me your...BETA !

1,294 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, monstersumo said:

IMG_2769.JPGIMG_2767.JPGIMG_2768.JPG

sumo

That bike has got some color going on. Nice work. Where are you going to use it? I hope not in the mud with that tugger strap:huh:

That bike has got some color going on. Nice work. Where are you going to use it? I hope not in the mud with that tugger strap:huh:

thanks, no mud around here only sand and wet sand lol. im was planning on only putting the sumo wheels on once and a while for some local wheelies, its mostly just in dirt bike mode otherwise. but after riding it today i feel like it needs to see a couple of tracks as well :) really fun, light, nimble, ROCKETSHIP with sumo. it was effortly coming up in 4th gear, i had a wr250r sumo before and these bikes arent even on the same planet
2 people like this

59 minutes ago, monstersumo said:

i had a wr250r sumo before and these bikes arent even on the same planet

Yeah, I recently picked up a wr250x (same bike as wr250r but came with the 17" wheels from the factory) for commuting duty. It's a lot of fun not having to brake for tight corners while entering the corners faster than I could hope to on either my cbr1000rr or my versys. If you aren't in the right gear though the party is over right away. There's no making up for being in the wrong gear when you've only got maybe 25hp. There's also no such thing as power wheelies on this bike. Having a 60lb lighter bike with close to double the hp would be sweet. I'll bet that thing is a lot of fun.

2 people like this

16 hours ago, FUHL said:

Anyone want to guess what i did wrong?

Sent from my XT1254 using ThumperTalk mobile app

Looks like you forgot to let the bike take a nap and it got tired.  Young bikes will do that. Just curl up and lie down any old place. They're usually fine after a short rest.  

3 people like this

My first post in the BETA section! Sold the '14 KX450F to help pay for my new 2017 390 RR-S
Only mods so far are:
-Smaller license plate fender
-Smaller turn signals front and rear
-Ditched the stock mirrors for a single left side only Bikemaster Folding mirror.
-Cut down the seat because I'm short.
-On that note, I'm seriously considering the 1 or 2 inch suspension lowering kit.
So far, I love the bike!
BETA01_small.jpg.a0a1eb3b0a76a30bdcb0df2307b5b396.jpg

Did u get the Moore and Sons 390?! I was on the fence about a remaining 390 they had, then one day it was gone! Good for you regardless and congrats!
1 person likes this

Yeap! No 390's to be had closer to me in SF, Moore and Sons lack an updated website with current showroom, took a chance they might have a stealth 390 sitting around! Bingo! Super happy with the bike :)

Edited by r8gato
1 person likes this

Picked up a 2017 300RR RE on Saturday, followed my son around on Sunday to break her in and so far I'm super happy. Also looks like it will be super easy to plate her in Colorado. Love that it comes with headlight high/low, horn, DOT tires, brake light.

Beta 300RR RE.jpg

5 people like this

My '16 390RR, picked it up bone stock with 6hrs on it a few weeks back. Ridden a few times on the back roads, can feel the engine freeing up. Been to the OHV park a couple three times already, lovin' it.

IMG_3312.JPG

2 people like this

Rode in the rockies all last week. An amazing week

xcI3amES4F6JInVGHjdgDmP9dC75BDOWNfZ25Ct3

K2Y5Ee8oI6UqddBPodqvxFmVutnAAGlbI5_DDGdu

V989-DLVGxTEYslwZk7r4r17oqSzwBHicOqbPHf_

8WJrHboaH8l74HcLNGpLJ4IacQIvmviNERFbaC-e

407WQm7wL2_ulGZO1Yetat0fHj6-NwkmMYm4NF6d

I want to do a beta report/ride report

FSGWn632J9yZCkqMBpjwZdhrWHZkZQpl3fqMCHQA

5 people like this

On 7/30/2017 at 9:41 PM, FUHL said:

Anyone want to guess what i did wrong?

Foot down on downhill side, didn't downshift (or missed the shift), not enough clutch?

Edited by basalt

Foot down on downhill side, didn't downshift (or missed the shift), not enough clutch?  

I broke the golden rule, I was sitting.

I'm almost 100% certain it wouldn't ended that way if I was standing up. Also my speed was a little slow. It was my first time on that trail so I usually ride a little cautious on something new.

On 8/16/2017 at 9:47 PM, newk75 said:

Rode in the rockies all last week. An amazing week

xcI3amES4F6JInVGHjdgDmP9dC75BDOWNfZ25Ct3

K2Y5Ee8oI6UqddBPodqvxFmVutnAAGlbI5_DDGdu

V989-DLVGxTEYslwZk7r4r17oqSzwBHicOqbPHf_

8WJrHboaH8l74HcLNGpLJ4IacQIvmviNERFbaC-e

407WQm7wL2_ulGZO1Yetat0fHj6-NwkmMYm4NF6d

I want to do a beta report/ride report

FSGWn632J9yZCkqMBpjwZdhrWHZkZQpl3fqMCHQA

Hey there ! Nice ride!

Where did you get this LED front light ?

2 people like this

On 5/26/2017 at 2:18 PM, wwguy said:

Springtime riding yesterday above the SF Boise River in SW Idaho.

20170512.jpg

I'm moving to Idaho.

3 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By pat22043
      I just picked up my 2018 Beta Evo 200. The dealer included a few things in the box, such as the owners manual CD, a liter of premix oil, the rest of a liter of tranny oil, and a horn and a speedometer.
      Why in the world do they included the horn and speedo? The horn looks to be barely worthy of a kid's toy car, and the speedo might work on a bicycle. Why not skip those two valuable parts and lower the price of the bike by a huge amount, say $5?
      Does anyone have a use for them?
    • By Nkz
      This is my first post so hopefully I have this in the right area.
      So I'm looking to buy a new bike in a few months and can't decide what Beta to buy. I am going between an xtrainer, a 300rr or the 390rs. I know they have slightly different areas that they excel. I am coming from a 1998 xr400 and an xr250. My question is do any of these new bikes I am looking at have good off idle torque, like slow speed tractor torque. Both my xr's could chug along and climb almost anything but they are heavy and getting older. I dabbled in trials for a bit so I really like the low end pull of thoses 2 strokes, but I also have had a few mx bikes that had nothing down low. What are the beta 2 stokes like. Also does the 390 have a pretty low first gear if I go the 4 stroke route. I ride some pretty rough single track in Georgetown ca if anyone is familiar with that. Lots of switch backs and no room to get speed over some of the obstacles. I am more of a technical rider, don't do much high speed stuff so I'm not to worried about the soft suspension of the xtrainer. 
      For backround I am 200 lbs, 6ft, I'm a decent rider but don't race or anything. I have had loads of Japanese bikes and I am wanting to try out a European enduro, this would be my first new bike. Hope the post isn't to long. Thanks
    • By Penny610
      Up for sale Ohlins  TTX shock and RXF48mm forks & Brembo front brake assembly off of a 2015 Beta  250rr. They are from the Boana racing team, sprung for a 175lb rider. This is a great opportunity to grab a very rare Ohlins set up for your Beta! I am a 145lbs, so unfortunately I don't have the money to have them set up for me, I am just looking to get my money back. I was really looking forward to using them, but some times life gets the best of you, lol. Hope they go to a good home, where someone will get use out of them! 

SOLD SOLD SOLD
    • By Bryan Bosch

Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing Star battles Through All-New Format Hell’s Gate to Finish Second
      February 11, 2018 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Graham Jarvis has earned a strong second place at the 2018 Hell’s Gate extreme enduro. With an all-new format for this year, concluding in a 20-minute sprint race, the event posed a fresh challenge for the five-time winner.
      For the first time ever, the event kicked off with a Prologue race on the Friday night. Designed to set the starting order for Saturday’s race, the Prologue was an endurocross style event held close to the hosting Il Ciocco Hotel. Although it provided a great spectacle for the fans, the race results were eventually scrapped due to issues with the course.
      Saturday’s heat race went well for Jarvis. An expert at managing his pace, the Brit did exactly what he had to do over the five-laps, finishing fourth aboard his Husqvarna FE 250 in the cold conditions of the Tuscan hills. The position gave him a good start for the night race, which saw riders set off at 3.30pm for a tough three-hour multi-lap event.
      At the conclusion of the night race, the top-10 riders were given a 15-minute break before contesting the new 20-minute endurocross in the arena area of the venue. In freezing conditions, the riders fought bar-to-bar in front of the record-crowd of spectators to decide the overall winner. With the final results calculated on the sum of the previous legs, Jarvis was announced as runner-up, just a few minutes behind eventual winner Mario Roman.
      Graham Jarvis: “I really enjoyed the racing today, I always do here at Hell’s Gate. It’s been a tough couple of days and I’m still getting used to riding the 4-stroke, but the bike has been absolutely faultless over the entire weekend. It has been pretty close between the top-four all day and it’s all come down to the final 20-minute race off. It would have been nice to take my sixth win at the event, but I’m happy with second.”
      Results – Hells Gate 2018
      1. Mario Roman (Sherco) 3:06:03
      2. Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna) 3:08:57
      3. Travis Teasdale (Beta) 3:12:45
      4. Diego Nicoletti (Husqvarna) 3:32:14
      5. Sonny Goggia (KTM) 3:39:26
      6. Michele Bosi (Beta) 3:46:15

Husqvarna Motorcycles North America, Inc.
      Husqvarna has continued to expand its professional race team to compete in AMA Supercross, AMA Pro Motocross, AMA National Enduro, GNCC, AMA EnduroCross, and AMA National Hare & Hound championships. Husqvarna team riders are competing aboard Husqvarna FC 450, FC 350, FC 250, FE 350, TC 250 and TE 300 models.
      Rockstar Energy Drink
      Rockstar Energy Drink is designed for those who lead active lifestyles – from Athletes to Rockstars. Available in over 20 flavors at convenience and grocery outlets in over 30 countries, Rockstar supports the Rockstar lifestyle across the globe through Action Sports, Motor Sports, and Live Music. For more information visit: www.RockstarEnergy.com
      Source: Husqvarna Motorcycles GmbH

• By Jay_112
      Hey all,
      My name is Jay and i'm new to the forum community but not new to the sport. However I have reached my limit with my expertise and am hoping some of you may be of some help. Without further ado...
        I've stuck to a track most my life, I.E. Motocross, arena cross and outdoor national style tracks. I've made the difficult decision to leave to tracks to the young guns and ride more single track and trail riding up in the mountains. So i started by selling me Factory SLM racing 2012 Yz450F, yes i cried when he drove off with her. But i looked to greener pastures with hopes to have a KTM 500exc, Beta 500rr-s or a Husqvarna FE501. However, almost a year later and I still don't have a shiny new dirt magnet in my shop. I'm in the final deliberations and have narrowed it between KTM and BETA, with me leaning towards the BETA. This is where you come in.
      I would like to know the following.
      Is the Beta service intervals as daunting as the KTM's?
      Is the cost of parts between the two noticeable? And are the just as readily available?
      Those that have a 2017 of either bike, How are they holding up? Can I expect this bike to hold up like a 1985 XR250 (An almost impossible feat)?
      What are any major concerns about either bike?
      and finally what made you choose one or the other?

Thank you for your efforts and advice. I appreciate it.