backys

Show me your...BETA !

Only reason I say WP is because they look like the same ones as my KTM:

100_2736.jpg

Look closer - different cap and seal area than your WPs ...

They look like Kyb's off a Yamaha Wr.

Here's the winner. A lot of the GasGas guys are popping Kayaba SSS forks on their bikes, and having tuned the Sachs open-chamber forks the way I wanted them I decided to take a swing at mounting a set on the Beta. The upper triple was hand-carved and there were a couple little goodies made up to allow the Beta front wheel to work instead of the Yamaha WR450 unit. All that's left is to fit the odometer pick-up.

Here's the winner. A lot of the GasGas guys are popping Kayaba SSS forks on their bikes, and having tuned the Sachs open-chamber forks the way I wanted them I decided to take a swing at mounting a set on the Beta. The upper triple was hand-carved and there were a couple little goodies made up to allow the Beta front wheel to work instead of the Yamaha WR450 unit. All that's left is to fit the odometer pick-up.

Fork gaurds were a dead give away. I've looked into putting some KYB SSS on my 498RR and it will only req re machining the top triple clamp and wheel spacers, Or if you can find some KYB's off a newer Husky they will bolt right up.

Look closer - different cap and seal area than your WPs ...

Yeah I agree they look like kyb's to me, i've never seen a golden colored WP tube

Fork gaurds were a dead give away. I've looked into putting some KYB SSS on my 498RR and it will only req re machining the top triple clamp and wheel spacers, Or if you can find some KYB's off a newer Husky they will bolt right up.

There's very little meat left in the upper triple clamping region if you fit the KYBs - that's why I bought a block of well-aged aluminum and went to town.

The big question is why such an extensive modification? I can understand just for fun. But not better by any means.....

To quote Race Tech's Paul Thede "the best you've ridden is the best you know". I've got a great tune for the Sachs open-chamber forks, but the KYBs are on another level (approaching a well-dialed set of Marzocchi 48s). So yes, there was a healthy dose of 'because I could", but the performance gains are real.

To quote Race Tech's Paul Thede "the best you've ridden is the best you know". I've got a great tune for the Sachs open-chamber forks, but the KYBs are on another level (approaching a well-dialed set of Marzocchi 48s). So yes, there was a healthy dose of 'because I could", but the performance gains are real.

Interesting indeed. Of course as we all know, a well tuned suspension is subjective from rider to rider. As long as your happy and it keeps the rubber planted on the ground, that's what counts!

For myself, I just had my 45 Marzocchi's and Sachs shock revalved and set up for my dual sport bike. It was a challenge for Dave. He valved it with all my bags and huge fuel tank attached for hard core single track to wide open desert.

The really cool thing is when you strip the ADV gear and put the stock tank back on it. It then turns into a full blown race machine. I will be testing it over the course of the next few weeks in different configurations…..

Adventure solo bike:

file_zpsd2f2b31a.jpg

IMG_20130509_083233_zpsb99d3233.jpeg

Stripped:

file_zps03a6568d.jpg

file_zpsf9b89114.jpg

file_zpsec45be86.jpg

• Like 1

Hey you South African Brothers, I know I sound stupid but I had asked somewhere if the animals were a problem when you guys ride? Is this a factor in your riding or are all the animals in the park? Also, do you worry about being assaulted. SA being second in murders in the world. I imagine it is all contained in certain areas and certain aspects of life.

I don't know why but I am fascinated by your country. I can't explain it any other way.

I love the green/red Beta!

Rock on guys, GREAT PICS!

Sincerely,

Happy Seal.

Hey you South African Brothers, I know I sound stupid but I had asked somewhere if the animals were a problem when you guys ride? Is this a factor in your riding or are all the animals in the park? Also, do you worry about being assaulted. SA being second in murders in the world. I imagine it is all contained in certain areas and certain aspects of life.

I don't know why but I am fascinated by your country. I can't explain it any other way.

I love the green/red Beta!

Rock on guys, GREAT PICS!

Sincerely,

Happy Seal.

Howzit dude, don't worry, your perception seems to be the typical yank one. :) :)

The only animals we have running around, in the rural areas, are goats, sheep, cows and donkeys. Everything else is in parks and reserves.

Re the murders, it's not everywhere you go that's a problem, main city centres are hazardous and in the townships they don't seems to like each other.

We tend to be very select about where we go and tend to keep our eyes open and not go looking for crap.

You really should come over one day, we can take you on some bootiful rides.

Howzit dude, don't worry, your perception seems to be the typical yank one. :) :)

The only animals we have running around, in the rural areas, are goats, sheep, cows and donkeys. Everything else is in parks and reserves.

Re the murders, it's not everywhere you go that's a problem, main city centres are hazardous and in the townships they don't seems to like each other.

We tend to be very select about where we go and tend to keep our eyes open and not go looking for crap.

You really should come over one day, we can take you on some bootiful rides.

That would be a dream come true for sure. Ride in South Africa= way cool. Thanks for the reply. I read the whole Wiki on South Africa last night, really good stuff.

Peace!

Which looks better?

image_zps416e8f52.jpg

Or

I like the black and red and the bigger skid plate but not by much.. both great! ..just depends on what works for you. Yours and every newer gen Beta's look good to me. My dealer just called and my gold valves came in for my forks so revalve and springs happening when I bring in my forks tommorrow...and my longer shaft shock goes on with the stiffer springs.. I'll gold valve the rear shock a little later.. Classic he watched my last race vid and gave me shit ... "That wasn't racing.. that was a trail ride". He's right though I definitely wasn't on my game but I still had a nice ride. I did straight up realize where I was as far as my level of riding and fitness. Every day since the race I've been doing more. Swimming, walking, going to the gym and riding bike. I had fun but I'm going to be better the next race. Nothing like a race and your friends giving you shit to wake up a little. I'm stoked though. I'm getting my suspension improved. I've lost 15lbs since the last race. I'm just still having so much fun riding my Beta. ..but there's no substitute for being in shape..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider