backys

Show me your...BETA !

1,270 posts in this topic

I got into some southern Nevada single track after I made it through the CO mountains 

C6ECBF4D-20F7-4B78-A3F0-5D2C4963B103.jpeg

BB462A26-2099-4B9A-B528-614576F7F4BE.jpeg

BE1A4098-AE47-465B-BFA8-DD5FC9D4F33A.jpeg

3818F9C9-6B15-4F5C-9B1E-ACC5B83C1222.jpeg

4 people like this

Picked up my 2018 300rr Race Edition BYOB just before Xmas.  Can't wait to give it a trail ride.  It's gorgeous!

20171222_130548_resized.jpg

10 people like this

Great ride today out at my humble little camp!

20180120_123207_zps5ysxp4xu.jpg

We've been riding out to this tiny little camp for almost 30 years.  Have never met the owner, but he leaves the doors unlocked and has a guest book for those that come up there to sign.  We often have lunch here when we're out riding, which I have to say I sure miss the muff pot on my sled.  Someone needs to invent one for a snowbike!

IMG_20180120_150207_225_zpsf6lxcum8.jpg

6 people like this

Dances: that's so cool (or is it Kool, I'm old so it's cool) so old school - there are probably places like that on the East side of Montana but most likely not on the West side. It restores your faith in humanity. Thanks for posting that.

3 people like this

8 minutes ago, mtdirtbag said:

Dances: that's so cool (or is it Kool, I'm old so it's cool) so old school - there are probably places like that on the East side of Montana but most likely not on the West side. It restores your faith in humanity. Thanks for posting that.

It is cool.  Few ever get to see this place because it's really remote and you can't just drive to it.  I think the guy just comes out during deer season, we go out there probably more then he does lol.  We shoveled his deck today, and last year cut trees that were down on his road.  He's smart to leave it unlocked imo, people respect that and take care of it.  And the official name of the camp is "camp waiting for a name" lol.  It's on a sign on the back of the camp, I should've taken a pic.  He even has a book in there for people to right down suggested camp names. 

Has a nice view too.

20180120_150045_zps6w6zb0ik.jpg

3 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By deanmellor
      My top end went on m 98 cr 125, the needle bearing clip came out and broke apart and shrapnel got everywhere and blew it up. I cleaned out the top end and washed out the crank with the bike upside down. the bike starts up great and seems to run fine but im getting a weird di-di-di-di-di-di-di noise coming from the motor. i tried adjust the power valve and tightening everything but the noise is still there. Here is a link to a video where you can hear the sound. It gets louder as rpm's get higher and at really low rpm barely idling it goes away. I am pretty new to bikes and 2 strokes so any help would be appreciated.
      https://youtu.be/msfU8WCXg8E
    • By RidingWithStyle
      In need of Cycra Handguards (probends) for my bike. Need 1 1/8 clamp size for renthal twinwalls. Message me if you have any for sale at a good price! 
    • By Baja Designs
      Hello CRF450R Owners,
      Bailey here with Baja Designs.  We recognize ThumperTalk as one of the go-to sources for information on the CRF450R and we receive emails daily regarding the best inexpensive light setup or purchasing the B1K setup ran by Ox Motorsports.  We would like this thread to be a General Discussion area for members and guests to discuss Dual Sport Kits (DSK), Lights, and Lighting Acessories based upon stock and modified charging systems.  Please Post up if you have any questions or comments CRF450R related! 
      www.bajadesigns.com

• By WheyNic
      Was wondering which is the best street legal enduro bike in your opinion. Want to see different opinions since I'm new at this. Details appreciated.
      Thanks
    • By BetaDale
      I had been considering for quite a while this preload adjuster, but the price put me off.  I saw it listed on Amazon, so threw it on my wish list at $154, free shipping + tax.  I received a notice a couple weeks later that price dropped to $146 + tax, so I pulled the trigger and ordered it.  I did a little research on best way to pull the shock.  I removed muffler, unbolted top of shock, disconnect bottom linkage from frame/shock/swingarm but really only needed to remove at frame and shock, and pulled shock out at area right side of bike near airbox boot.  It was tricky but got it in & out through there.  Had to use ratchet strap to compress spring to get locking ring back on bottom of shock with Xtrig installed.  It really works slick and I’m happy with it! I measured the spring compressed with shock removed & used this as starting point when going back together once Xtrig was installed.  For 16 500 RS, I ordered XTRIG 500010800101 Shock Pre-Load Adjuster.  Amazon wish list is pretty handy!