backys

Show me your...BETA !

I'm running 49mm Showa SFF-Airtac forks off a 2017 CRF250r and the shock is a Showa off a 2007 CRF450r, forks bolted on with Honda axle, hanger and some new spacers to fit the Beta wheel. Shock needed the lower clevis milled wider and on the 4T it need the piggybac milled shorter and a smaller bladder. Piggybac doesn't hit the pipe on the 2T so I didn't need to shorten it for that bike. Also had to grind the plastic subframe a little and the shock a little above the top bolt. Ran this setup on my 300rr last year and was impressed with the forks once I started running about 30psi under the recommended moto settings. Shock is valved a bit stiff for woods. Revalved both ends but have not ridden yet cause it is cold in IA.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Craig85 said:

My 2017 beta 300rr love this bike

20171122_164717.jpg

I too brought my bike in for the winter lol. The wife almost killed me as I navigated through the house, and down the basement stairs to the heated basement office/vault.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NEGbrap said:

I too brought my bike in for the winter lol. The wife almost killed me as I navigated through the house, and down the basement stairs to the heated basement office/vault.

The fun part will be riding it up the steps in the spring!  Have you set you up a small trials course in the basement for winter riding?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Craig85 said:

My 2017 beta 300rr love this bike

20171122_164717.jpg

personally I'd mount on the wall for the winter and tell the wifey it's Italian artwork! 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, markbfe501 said:

The fun part will be riding it up the steps in the spring!  Have you set you up a small trials course in the basement for winter riding?

I will probably ride it out the bulkhead. I am a "give no $%^&" kinda guy. I measured the opening, and I should be able to jap zap the gap!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NEGbrap said:

Haha she told me this will be the only time it will be in the house after first ride she stays outside lol

3 hours ago, NEGbrap said:

I will probably ride it out the bulkhead. I am a "give no $%^&" kinda guy. I measured the opening, and I should be able to jap zap the gap!

Just make sure to get rid of the squeaky brakes, and she'll never know . . .

• Like 3

17 hours ago, pat22043 said:

Sold my 2006 Beta Rev3 and replaced it with this 2018 Beta Evo 200

Very nice. That shop looks familiar.

I just picked up my new 2018 Xtrainer.  I'm short, and moving from a CRF230F, so this should be quite a new experience.  I'm definately not a beginner, but it's been a while since I owned a smoker....

Here it is after braving the east coast snow storm, driving from PA to VA yesterday...

Beta Home.jpg

• Like 13

New to me 16 Beta Evo 300.... turned the big 50 last month.... decided to try my luck with another Italian princess!       

IMG_20180218_140931.jpg

Edited by MarantzManiac
  • Like 5

Beta in the shop About 37 hours on her and fuel pump went kaput. 2018 500RR-S. Buddies '18 390 also had fuel pump go out the same day.

received_1579759522120659.jpeg
  • Like 2