backys

Show me your...BETA !

2013 RS520 in Factory RR graphics.

78 hours (all single track) and 1500 miles with no problems.

Great bike.

bike crop 1.jpg

bike crop 4.jpg

Edited by dirtSurfer13
  • Like 2

So the 2 stroke plastics do fit on the 4 stroke!

What did you have to change or modify to get them to fit? (ie, gas tank, air box ect).

Thanks in advance.

If you want to update your RS (similar to 2012 RRs) to 2013 looks (2 and 4 st are the same) you need shrrouds, side covers, seat and in order to install the 2013 tank you have to cut the rear tank mounting point from the frame (if you remove your tank you'll see it) and replace the top plastic part of the subframe ( as the rear of the 2013 tank now is fastened there).

The plus of this modification is:

looks

better riding position for aggresive riding

better air flow through the radiators (but don't forget to upgrade the rads louvres - 2013 white ones have diferrent geometry as well)

no gas boiling inside the tank on ot weather-slow riding (see other relevant topics).

The minus is that you get half liter less gass (new tank is smaller) and... it is a quite pricey mod.

And perhaps you will have to change to a white rear tail and upIgrade your stickers (and as I can see you have the 12 factory stickers on)

On your bike I would just change the rad louvres and install the new 2014 front fender (new design with twin ribs, moves less and after all it is red)

Edited by dirtbird

Great bike.

Great bike.

Great bike.

Nice RS! What type of rear taillight assembly is that. Could we have a close up of that?

Have you done anything with the suspension, revalving?

Excellent setup.....

Cheers

M

Great bike.

So you are averaging almost 20mph on single track. That's flying!!

So you are averaging almost 20mph on single track. That's flying!!

Well, not really. I should have said "mostly" single track or "almost all woods/off road" riding. The mileage & hours includes the fast sections, connecting road sections and the little bit of highway riding to & from home.

My average speed on the trail is probably 1/2 that? Our trails have some slow tricky sections but in general flow pretty good.

Edited by dirtSurfer13
  • Like 1

Nice RS! What type of rear taillight assembly is that. Could we have a close up of that?

Have you done anything with the suspension, revalving?

Excellent setup.....

Cheers

M

It's just the stock mud guard/tail light assembly that comes witht the 2013 RS. The blinkers are after market LED's.

The suspension was re-sprung for my weight during the BYOB ordering process, other than that, it is stock and works great for me and the riding I do (j just set the clickers to my desired settings).

Edited by dirtSurfer13

Well, not really. I should have said "mostly" single track or "almost all woods/off road" riding. The mileage & hours includes the fast sections, connecting road sections and the little bit of highway riding to & from home.

My average speed on the trail is probably 1/2 that? Our trails have some slow tricky sections but in general flow pretty good.

I was being a smart arsenal. Very nice bike!

Latest upgrades to my RR300 Racing: full Sclavini system, Rekluse Core EXP, cross country lower link, 2014 gas tank, removal of reed spacer.

Unbelievable everywhere!!!!!

Now I need fresh tires though....

IMG_1067_zps7989c1a3.jpg

IMG_1066_zps6af413df.jpg

IMG_1070_zpsb8e5cf8b.jpg

Edited by dirtbird
  • Like 3

No clean bike pic here! This is a working machine. Typical ride in the nasty stuff. I went over the handlebars in this mud hole , took two of us 30 minutes to get it out.  Lots of rain in TN! beta450.jpg

How do you like the rekluse on the 2 stroke, i love them on 4 strokes?  pluses and minuses?

Personally the main reason i like rekluse is that i am not killing the engine

with the rear brake although in the past this made me a worst rider because

I was using rear brake excessively and i was dragging rear wheel

Too much to the point that i was loosing turns in the special tests.

However after 2 brief rides, i can say that core exp has much better

Engagement than the z start pro and you can still hav good feel on the

lever.

• Like 1

My new 09 450. I put every one of the 3.5 hrs and 80 miles on her. Swapped out the plastics with 08's so the 09 would stay sexy as mine loves to take naps

CAM00117.jpg

CAM00123.jpg

looking for some sweet aftermarket graphics

• Like 2

My new 09 450. I put every one of the 3.5 hrs and 80 miles on her. Swapped out the plastics with 08's so the 09 would stay sexy as mine loves to take naps

attachicon.gifCAM00117.jpg

attachicon.gifCAM00123.jpg

looking for some sweet aftermarket graphics

Check the crossreference thread. There are links there to some.. blackbird comes to mind first..