backys

Show me your...BETA !

30 minutes ago, pussywagon said:
32 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:
No, not cheating at all. He gets his butt kicked hard riding one of the toughest venues you will find. Fall down, get back up...
just finished this preview vid 
Beta should sponsor this guy  

Read more  

I was joking, awesome to hear.

Yea I know but still rolling with it :ride:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, VELORACERMIKE said:

Just picked this bad boy up. 2014 450 RS, got a thing for Italian beauties😉Will post some better pics later but wanted to get on the board!  What are your recommendations for a skid plate?

Nice..  I think skid plate depends on how much abuse you think you'll be dishing out. 

I put a TM designs skid+link guard on mine, my need is strictly for the rare low speed rock hit and protecting against rocks thrown by the front tire.  If I ever find myself interested in bashing my way over logs/rocks or the like I'd probably consider something stiffer/heavier.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, VELORACERMIKE said:

Just picked this bad boy up. 2014 450 RS, got a thing for Italian beauties😉Will post some better pics later but wanted to get on the board!  What are your recommendations for a skid plate?

for lots of protection-  the P-Tech and Emporer racing are the best I’ve seen.

P-Tech can include linkage guard, that is why I went that way.

BE9FFD22-2350-4C56-AADE-DD626E2FD7D8.jpeg

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, VELORACERMIKE said:

Just did a baseline setup on the suspension took it for a quick on road ride20190116_111730.jpeg20190116_111655.jpeg20190116_111743.jpeg20190116_111749.jpeg

CONGRATS!!

I'm one of the very few 2014 450RS guys here, and have had mine since BYOB world back in 2014. I've done extensive upgrades and full maintenance myself so if I can help by all means PM me. With 2014 as you know was the last 450 by Beta, and it incorporated lots of little changes from the prior years.

I'm up in the California Sierra foothills,

Cheers Mark

2 minutes ago, Mark-us-B said:

CONGRATS!!

I'm one of the very few 2014 450RS guys here, and have had mine since BYOB world back in 2014. I've done extensive upgrades and full maintenance myself so if I can help by all means PM me. With 2014 as you know was the last 450 by Beta, and it incorporated lots of little changes from the prior years.

I'm up in the California Sierra foothills,

Cheers Mark

Thanks Mark looks like you and also share love of Ducs (I'll come get that NS400 from ya)! I got this for a song it's only got 2k miles on it from the original owner and almost no wear on any of the touch points (pegs/cases/frame).  Really only going to add a more protective skid plate and front and rear disc protection.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VELORACERMIKE said:

Thanks Mark looks like you and also share love of Ducs (I'll come get that NS400 from ya)! I got this for a song it's only got 2k miles on it from the original owner and almost no wear on any of the touch points (pegs/cases/frame).  Really only going to add a more protective skid plate and front and rear disc protection.  

ABSOLUTLY! 

My old ST4S is the last of 6 Ducati's that have driven me broke, LOL!

I've setup my 450RS for mostly off-road work, and the plate only gets me between trails and a little back-road stuff. I've experimented a lot with tuning motor/suspension/chassis. And it turned my 450RS into a very capable machine to spank the unknowing with, LOL!!

Enjoy!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VELORACERMIKE said:

20190116_083702.jpg

Uptite or ptech to start.. but got a bunch of nice skid plates to choose from 

• Like 1

ABSOLUTLY! 

My old ST4S is the last of 6 Ducati's that have driven me broke, LOL!

I've setup my 450RS for mostly off-road work, and the plate only gets me between trails and a little back-road stuff. I've experimented a lot with tuning motor/suspension/chassis. And it turned my 450RS into a very capable machine to spank the unknowing with, LOL!!

Enjoy!
Lol my 996 is more of an art piece these days, I only take her out on perfect days once a month if that. Love that bike though makes me smile every time I look at her. I'll hit you up about what you've done. Mine will be 90% off road as well.

18 minutes ago, VELORACERMIKE said:

I'm into plastic skid plates these days, tired of the sonic noise emanating from aluminum plates for years, so IMHO, unless riding the desert go with any of the plastic models out there. I like my Hyde but know there's better out there... 

I'm into plastic skid plates these days, tired of the sonic noise emanating from aluminum plates for years, so IMHO, unless riding the desert go with any of the plastic models out there. I like my Hyde but know there's better out there... 
Looking at the Hyde or TM Designs

1 minute ago, VELORACERMIKE said:
3 minutes ago, Mark-us-B said:

Looking at the Hyde or TM Designs

If I was focussing on Skid plates in the plastic world, I'd most likely look at the TM closely, I wanted one of theirs a few years ago yet were way-backordered, so I bought the Hyde, never dented my frame with it on, and it's gotten scarfed up. I like the TM, as I got all their other chain guides/swingarm guides etc etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark-us-B said:

Why not plastic in the desert?

29 minutes ago, braindead0 said:

Why not plastic in the desert?

Nothing wrong with at all, but there has been a general thought (not by me but by many on this board) but soo many desert riders slam the plastic skid plates, claiming they do not protect the lower frame tubes. 

Personally I see the TM style skid plates of being excellent everywhere 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark-us-B said:

Nothing wrong with at all, but there has been a general thought (not by me but by many on this board) but soo many desert riders slam the plastic skid plates, claiming they do not protect the lower frame tubes. 

Personally I see the TM style skid plates of being excellent everywhere 

Suspect it's the riders not the desert terrain... same riders would probably bash into downed trees in the forest...rocks in the mountains...etc..