backys

Show me your...BETA !

I went with ricochet. I have no doubt about protection but it just doesn’t look nice like the ptech and the ptech is vented. I could go with uptite too. Ricochet is plain but it’s solid. I have had a plan of drawing out a Beta logo and carving it into the side of the skid plate. Just to give it a better look. If Id buy again I think ptech gets the nod... but that’s just me. 

There should be more choices too like enduro engineering etc.

14 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

There are guys liking axp too. 

I had the AXP Xtreme skid with linkage guard on my Husky FE501.  Very tough skid plate.  

• Like 1

Not a fan of the AXP.

Bought one for my YZ250F, wouldn't even install without removing one of the brackets and leaving it off.

For the price, there are plenty of options i'd consider before AXP.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, braindead0 said:

One has to appreciate the market that delivers all these options!  :banana:

Who knew that skid plates would be such a hot debate!!! 😂😂

On another note I haven't ridden off road in about 15 years...safety equipment damn near free compared to my street stuff!

15 minutes ago, markbfe501 said:

I had the AXP Xtreme skid with linkage guard on my Husky FE501.  Very tough skid plate.  

They don't list one for the 450's on the site

Just picked up the new beta 200.    Been lurking on the forum since I ordered the bike in June.   Thanks for the info you guys have on everything 

2E7D8C42-81BE-45BF-81B6-1943774AF8DA.thumb.jpeg.35805e12ccf136f77c175c9e3c243eb5.jpeg

65311290-BBA7-4ED0-8438-CF2A5E8733E8.jpeg

Edited by Jbird78
  • Like 10

Well its been 20 years since I threw a leg over a dirt bike (been riding road). My last bike a was 96 XR600 needless to say this 450RS is a lightyears better.  Still rusty but g'damn I had a blast.  My cousin is the guy on the DRZ, he's 65 and just had his hip replaced but still can get it when he wants to!!  We rode out near Palmdale did a 65mile loop.  The sand was just packed enough to keep the dust down. This climb was still slippery!!  The one thing I forgot to do after I bought the bike was to check the air pressures.  The front especially felt like it had no grip....well after we got home I thought I'd check Front/44psi! Rear/40psi!  Next weekend should be a lot better LOL!  

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Not my Beta but just saw one outside the wall@ old Jerusalem! Some amazing riding here but couldn't find anyone to take me... I did manage a utv ride. You can see the countryside (west bank). 20190121_085137.jpeg20190120_124137.jpeg

• Like 4

Thanks. The bike was purchased new by a friend of mine and was well maintained. 

On 1/21/2019 at 8:30 PM, SPOOCH said:

My new to me 2013 300. 

CDDC98AB-695A-4349-87A9-1FA129B2C1D0.jpeg

Does that wider tank and shrouds bother you at all? Looking at the IMS for my Xtrainer but have concerns the width will bother me as well as the seat not being wide enough (without adding a new seat)

• Like 1

I haven't rode the beta in 6 weeks. been on a incoming part delay for 2 weeks now and its driving me nuts.IMG_20190129_074654_816.jpeg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, EnduroPNW said:

I haven't rode the beta in 6 weeks. been on a incoming part delay for 2 weeks now and its driving me nuts.IMG_20190129_074654_816.jpeg

Out of curiosity whats the part you are waiting on?

Out of curiosity whats the part you are waiting on?

That stupid billet exhaust coupler and SRT fork bleeders as well as a skf rear wheel kit