backys

Show me your...BETA !

13 hours ago, 4HOCKEY said:

2017 and 2020 Xtrainer’s

496A0CD5-CDFE-4273-93FC-716CFD172038.jpeg

How does the 2020 compare to the 2017? 

We bought the 2017 used and it has been turned up. They took the power valve spacer off, it has a little more zip than the 20 and the 17 has been lowered 2 inches so the suspension is a little odd. Might take it back to stock. Other than that both are amazing bikes

4 minutes ago, Kendall993 said:

How does the 2020 compare to the 2017? 

On 7/28/2020 at 9:29 AM, internalcombust said:

My 2018 XTrainer is finished and ready to ride!

20200727_170038.thumb.jpg.fe4bd69e8d3b7272e329029bf4ce0793.jpg20200727_170010.thumb.jpg.3c0e63f5ba8d99649902de69fd8738b1.jpg

is that an FMF Gnarly pipe? how do you like it? does it run good with stock jetting?

thinking of buying one i found locally for around $340 Cad (250 USD)

The XT will need richer jetting with a pipe.  With the Gnarly and airbox top and oil tank removed, I ran a 165 main and next size up pilot in Ohio at around 800'. Needle was the RM needle (Nejc or something like that, I forget) 4th clip and float at 9mm.

A pipe makes the XT run more like you would expect a 300cc 2 stroke to run. Noticable improvement across the board.  However,  it wasn't all roses. I don't know if there as even been a consensus, but adding a pipe led to a break up at high rpm on my 17. I also saw a video on YouTube of some euro guy mention the same thing.  The only cure was to switch to a RR CDI. I used the 19 300 RE box since it was the cheapest. Big difference on top.  Screamed on top and revved out cleanly like a MX bike.. That said, it was still ridable and an improvement even with the stock box. Again, it's still not clear to me if this affects all XT's and most don't notice it, if it was only the 17 CDI (seems like they changed P/N's every year for the 1st few) or I just had a defective box from the factory.

Edited by ohiodrz400sm
  • Like 1

If planning to travel to different altitudes, a Lectron is another option.  Pretty good range without any adjustments, and able to adjust the metering rod if needed.  I ran last year from sea level to 7,000/8,000 ft with no change, and made a slight (1/4 turn) adjustment to ride close to 10,000 feet.

5 minutes ago, wallybean said:

Another great day on the 2020 Beta 250RR.  Rode from the house to the top and back, about 60 miles and 1.5 gallons used.

Skalkaho mtn1.jpg

Skalkaho mtn2.jpg

Have you owned a 300? If so how do you like the 250 compared to it? 

2 minutes ago, ADVLite said:

Have you owned a 300? If so how do you like the 250 compared to it? 

I haven't owned a 300.  I had a Husky WR360 for many years and once it was allowed to breath it was such an awesome motor.  If I can have that powerband in a modern 300, I would consider it.  Most of the 300's I have ridden were nice but lost of some of the spirit of a 250 while not being a true tractor.  The 360 was a handful late in the day and I hated the kicker.  I could get behind a modern 400cc counter-balanced motor in a heartbeat.  I loved that I could pull any hill at 500 rpm in 4th and then rip a straight at 95mph.  When you thought it was going to stall that was when you just gave it more gas and it would gurr up anything just making traction.  When in doubt shift up.

This 250 with the RK Tek head really lugs well, similar to many stock 300's but still revs and wants to scoot when you want it.  I really like it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wallybean said:

Another great day on the 2020 Beta 250RR.  Rode from the house to the top and back, about 60 miles and 1.5 gallons used.

Skalkaho mtn1.jpg

Skalkaho mtn2.jpg

What Rekluse are you running? Any feedback on it?