Show me your...BETA !

backys

Finally got to pick up my 2020 200RR from the shop this weekend. It was helpful sifting through all the info on here on the path towards 200RR ownership!

I've been riding mainly around Grand Junction, Colorado this time of year - no snow and plenty of gnar! Here's part 1 of the 'break-in' session - i.e. the first 3 hours after rolling it out of the shop.

I actually rode it for about 1 hour before this mainly in open desert racing style trails just to run it through the gears and tweak the ergonomics to my liking. Nothing terribly interesting and didn't have my camera either way haha.

Enjoy!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mobile chernobyl said:

Finally got to pick up my 2020 200RR from the shop this weekend. It was helpful sifting through all the info on here on the path towards 200RR ownership!

I've been riding mainly around Grand Junction, Colorado this time of year - no snow and plenty of gnar! Here's part 1 of the 'break-in' session - i.e. the first 3 hours after rolling it out of the shop.

I actually rode it for about 1 hour before this mainly in open desert racing style trails just to run it through the gears and tweak the ergonomics to my liking. Nothing terribly interesting and didn't have my camera either way haha.

Enjoy!

Great video. That looks like a fun place to ride. 

This my Beta 390-RRS out and about today. -3 Celsius but no snow and some sun. Was a great ride. Need some heated gloves maybe. 
1231118813_Beta390.thumb.jpg.b73e5018b883b9072ad37dcf62fdbcc1.jpg

If you aren’t used to riding in the cold, one word of advice I have is to keep the core of your body really warm. If your body/torso and head are warm your body will divert blood flow to extremities. After making an effort to do this, I find that my hands which have been frost bitten in the past actually stay warm with light gloves.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, botast said:

If you aren’t used to riding in the cold, one word of advice I have is to keep the core of your body really warm. If your body/torso and head are warm your body will divert blood flow to extremities. After making an effort to do this, I find that my hands which have been frost bitten in the past actually stay warm with light gloves.

Yeah roger that. Full story is that I have a CAMSO snowbike conversion going on and will likely be riding in weather much colder than I experienced today so looking at heated options as I get myself ready for the season. 

I have actually found some great options that I think will do the trick nicely and are not parasitic on the bikes battery or coolant routing. 

AA114861-E509-4225-95A5-9DEDDBE7BB97.jpeg

Edited by Rob_390RR
Spelling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, OscarFox said:

LfN9qs.jpg

Latest additions: kickstarter, 50T rear sprocket (really like the change over the 48). 

Does it actually kick over easily? I've been thinking about the kicker for my 350, as I've had a few occurrences where it had enough power to run the fuel pump, but wouldn't quite turn over.

21 hours ago, Sierra_rider said:

Does it actually kick over easily? I've been thinking about the kicker for my 350, as I've had a few occurrences where it had enough power to run the fuel pump, but wouldn't quite turn over.

Easily...no. My old 350 would be a 3-4 kicker. Not so with this 390. But I have found that having something to lean up against, or using the kickstand so that I could stand and get leverage is better than trying to sit on the seat and do it. Just did it in the garage for testing purposes. Less than 10 kicks. 

Edited by OscarFox
  • Like 2

Finally got my 2020re out and rode it for 4hrs at the mx track and on some corner/turn tracks. It's a good bike! I've got a good amount of time on older beta 300s, motors were great but vibes some, chassis were good in tighter stuff but less stable in higher speed stuff, and OC Sachs suspension leaves a bit to be desired. 

The new bike fixes all of the complaints I've had with the older bikes. Smooth strong power. Good suspension. Chassis feels stable in the fast straight line stuff but still has that beta front end steer feel in tight corners.

Suspension pitches a little more than I'd like but some clicker tuning is all that's needed. 

Only real complaint is crap decals, boots have already started to peel one away after only 4 hrs

IMG_20191116_122031.jpg

IMG_20191116_121936.jpg

IMG_20191116_122007.jpg

Edited by velocityjunky
  • Like 6

Finally got my 2020re out and rode it for 4hrs at the mx track and on some corner/turn tracks. It's a good bike! I've got a good amount of time on older beta 300s, motors were great but vibes some, chassis were good in tighter stuff but less stable in higher speed stuff, and OC Sachs suspension leaves a bit to be desired. 
The new bike fixes all of the complaints I've had with the older bikes. Smooth strong power. Good suspension. Chassis feels stable but still has that beta front end steer feel. 
Suspension pitches a little more than I'd like but some clicker tuning is all that's needed. 
Only real complaint is crap decals, boots have already started to peel one away after only 4 hrs

IMG_20191116_122031.jpg.33afb6d35e14711e35a1629da19dbdf6.jpg
IMG_20191116_121936.jpg.097abad6becd1062718404829bf15552.jpg
IMG_20191116_122007.jpg.ba1cf99b6e50e94588ee1318f06d3735.jpg
What's the front end "beta steer feel?"