Sign in to follow this  

2009 CRF450R Complete Build Thread - TONS OF PICS

Haha you both are too kind, just gotta wash it ASAP lol and that what next winter is for.... To refresh ;)

So I just had to create an accout so I could comment since this is by far the sickest 450 ive come across. Props on the build sick bike man. My question to you is how the heck to you get the engine so clean. What did you used on the bare metal to get it to shine and look brand new from the old dull dirty look?

SICK build man!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If you don't mind telling what's the totaly that you have into your bike + everything you put into it??

Haven't finished my Excel Build Log Sheet, but I would guess right around $10-11K including purchase

Must have got a smoke'n deal on that 09 if it only came out to be 10 to 11K with all those extra added items... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Love the Carbon Dubya hubs... When the 14's come out I think those will be the hubs I get for sure... Do you have any idea how much lighter they are then the full billet hubs?

Nope... No clue, but its only money right? Hahah

Ya it was a killer deal as I said, I was 13' shoppin til this popped up since he was hard up for $$

So I just had to create an accout so I could comment since this is by far the sickest 450 ive come across. Props on the build sick bike man. My question to you is how the heck to you get the engine so clean. What did you used on the bare metal to get it to shine and look brand new from the old dull dirty look?

Awesome! Thanks for the kind words....

I rub all of my engines (while out of frame) with red scotchbrite, and stainless steel welding brushes. Then I just keep SC1 or a detailer to enhance the shine, as well as help prevent staining. The name of the game is get it to a pressure washer asap when your done. Then its easier to keep it looking mint....

Great job! You will get stopped at every track you take it to!

• Like 1

Holy Crap!!! Nice bike! 19 1/2 years in the Army and I cant even afford the mat or stand that your bike is on!!  Great job! Take care of it.

Awesome! Thanks for the kind words....

I rub all of my engines (while out of frame) with red scotchbrite, and stainless steel welding brushes. Then I just keep SC1 or a detailer to enhance the shine, as well as help prevent staining. The name of the game is get it to a pressure washer asap when your done. Then its easier to keep it looking mint....

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I had to comment that this bike is probably the best build I have seen done.

I'm just starting on 2012 at the moment and going to use yours for inspiration!

Quick couple of questions,

1. When you say welding brushes on the motor do you mean the ones that go in a small grinder. If so they don't scratch the motor to much?

2. Where did you get that seat cover from? Been searching for one just like that.