Sign in to follow this  

New Beta dealer

I know this is going to come off like a nOOb sales pitch and I want to let you know that it is and it isn't. In my personal search for what I consider a great dual sport bike I came across the Beta line and was hooked. So hooked in fact that I decided to become a Beta dealer. So that is the sales pitch part. I am a new dealer and I know that with 1 post and no history that doesn't pull much weight on a forum (flame away). :D I am looking to build a dealership that is for riders, run by riders and my staff and I will all work hard to prove ourselves to the Beta crowd (everyone has to start somewhere, this is where I am starting). I have been in the vehicle business for 20 years (the 4 wheeled kind) and I know what customer service, community support and assistance after the sale is all about. I am a long time bike rider and have been on ADV for years. I suffer from multiple bike syndrome and am a mechanic by trade. I hope to win the support of the fellow Beta fans with future actions and I know it will take time to prove our dealerships worth. I am for sure new at this and I look forward to the learning curve.

Our web site is coming, only a Facebook page so far:

https://www.facebook.com/MaineBetaECR

In efforts to get the ball rolling we will be offering low prices on bikes so that we can start to gain a customer following.

Thank you for reading and hope to see you on the trail. :ride:

Mike Smith

Maine Beta ECR

• Like 2

I know this is going to come off like a nOOb sales pitch and I want to let you know that it is and it isn't. In my personal search for what I consider a great dual sport bike I came across the Beta line and was hooked. So hooked in fact that I decided to become a Beta dealer. So that is the sales pitch part. I am a new dealer and I know that with 1 post and no history that doesn't pull much weight on a forum (flame away). :D I am looking to build a dealership that is for riders, run by riders and my staff and I will all work hard to prove ourselves to the Beta crowd (everyone has to start somewhere, this is where I am starting). I have been in the vehicle business for 20 years (the 4 wheeled kind) and I know what customer service, community support and assistance after the sale is all about. I am a long time bike rider and have been on ADV for years. I suffer from multiple bike syndrome and am a mechanic by trade. I hope to win the support of the fellow Beta fans with future actions and I know it will take time to prove our dealerships worth. I am for sure new at this and I look forward to the learning curve.

Our web site is coming, only a Facebook page so far:

https://www.facebook.com/MaineBetaECR

In efforts to get the ball rolling we will be offering low prices on bikes so that we can start to gain a customer following.

Thank you for reading and hope to see you on the trail. :ride:

Mike Smith

Maine Beta ECR

Good luck .. you sound kinda like my dealer. ..a guy that loves bikes and picked up Beta.. a line that fit his personality.. a dirt rider. I hope you do well!

MaineBeta,

Congratulations and Good luck.

Do you mind expanding on how you went about getting your dealership, what your investment is, and what the requirements from Beta are? If you cannot or prefer not to talk about it, I fully understand (I'm sometimes ashamed to talk about my business -- sometimes you can't explain a labor of love to others).

There is a shop near where I live that services many of the riders I know that don't do all their work themselves. When I first happened into dirt biking I was directed to this guy via references just for information. He helped me select dirt bikes for me and my son and told me what to look for when buying used. He has a bicycle dealership and services the more exotic -- mostly Italian -- street bikes. As a kid, I noticed that the Japaneese motorcycle dealerships where I grew up were borderline worthless for anything other than selling new bikes. I had friends that were not able to work on their own bikes, and their bikes would frequently spend the better part of the summer at these shops only to be returned only marginally fixed.

Anyway, all the shops within 30 miles of where I currently live (Southwest suburb of Chicago) are marginal at best, and horrible at worst. So I asked the local shop guy why he does not have a dealership. He mentioned that he would only be interested in selling the more exotic Italian bikes, but when he last pursued it, they had restrictive requirements he preferred not to deal with at the time.

I would sure love to have a dealership near me that sold some of the off-road exotics and trials bikes. Not that I could keep him in business myself, but it is fun to be able to just look at them from time to time. My 12 year old wants a trials bike.

As far as dealerships go Beta and other small manufactures are much easier than the larger brands. The buy in is low but you do have to have infrastructure and such in place (dealer licenses, storefront, mechanics, etc) and that is where the funding comes in. The folks at Beta have been great so I would say if it is a brand he believes in to reach out to them and see if it can work.

As far a dealerships go it all depends on if the owner of the dealership cares. For the last 20 years I have run a Land Rover repair shop. I hear the same complaints you have listed from customers who go to the large dealers (cars not fixed correctly, etc etc). I still care so people travel to use our services. Our plan is to keep caring about bikes and customers and not go "corporate", sounds like the shop near you does the same. If he is interested have him contact the folks at Beta to see if they are a good match.

MaineBeta,

Congratulations and Good luck.

Do you mind expanding on how you went about getting your dealership, what your investment is, and what the requirements from Beta are? If you cannot or prefer not to talk about it, I fully understand (I'm sometimes ashamed to talk about my business -- sometimes you can't explain a labor of love to others).

There is a shop near where I live that services many of the riders I know that don't do all their work themselves. When I first happened into dirt biking I was directed to this guy via references just for information. He helped me select dirt bikes for me and my son and told me what to look for when buying used. He has a bicycle dealership and services the more exotic -- mostly Italian -- street bikes. As a kid, I noticed that the Japaneese motorcycle dealerships where I grew up were borderline worthless for anything other than selling new bikes. I had friends that were not able to work on their own bikes, and their bikes would frequently spend the better part of the summer at these shops only to be returned only marginally fixed.

Anyway, all the shops within 30 miles of where I currently live (Southwest suburb of Chicago) are marginal at best, and horrible at worst. So I asked the local shop guy why he does not have a dealership. He mentioned that he would only be interested in selling the more exotic Italian bikes, but when he last pursued it, they had restrictive requirements he preferred not to deal with at the time.

I would sure love to have a dealership near me that sold some of the off-road exotics and trials bikes. Not that I could keep him in business myself, but it is fun to be able to just look at them from time to time. My 12 year old wants a trials bike.

Edited by MaineBeta

Are you guys going to have a dealer meeting every year?

I expect that Beta dealers will do a good job of networking and sharing expertise and knowledge of the product and aftermarket.

Good Luck and you've made a good choice of brand IMHO. Price wise these are very competitive bikes needing very little modifications to be great "fun" bikes.

Welcome aboard Newb!

You've got stiff competition over there to your NW side in Motoconnection but plenty far enough away. NETRA and JDAY might be your best friends up there. The word is starting to spread. I am as far as I know still the only Beta RR or RS in Ct and possibly R.I.

Good luck!

Kidding bout the Newb statement - sorta!

Edited by happy seal

Thanks! I'll take the nOOb ribbing, no worries. ;)

We hope to set ourselves apart form other deals, but only time will prove that. Thanks and enjoy your ride. :ride:

Welcome aboard Newb!

You've got stiff competition over there to your NW side in Motoconnection but plenty far enough away. NETRA and JDAY might be your best friends up there. The word is starting to spread. I am as far as I know still the only Beta RR or RS in Ct and possibly R.I.

Good luck!

Kidding bout the Newb statement - sorta!

Thanks for the well wishes.

As far as dealer meetings and such I will have to get back to you on that. I haven't heard on that front yet.

Are you guys going to have a dealer meeting every year?

I expect that Beta dealers will do a good job of networking and sharing expertise and knowledge of the product and aftermarket.

Good Luck and you've made a good choice of brand IMHO. Price wise these are very competitive bikes needing very little modifications to be great "fun" bikes.

Thanks! I'll take the nOOb ribbing, no worries. ;)

We hope to set ourselves apart form other deals, but only time will prove that. Thanks and enjoy your ride. :ride:

Welcome, now go and read all these Beta post. Learn about the product you will be selling. Nothing less encouraging then knowing more about the product then the dealer.

• Like 2

Welcome, now go and read all these Beta post. Learn about the product you will be selling. Nothing less encouraging then knowing more about the product then the dealer.

Agreed and I'm on it and will be riding one myself, and wrenching on it myself.

I also hate that aspect of dealers. One of my mechanics had a great comment about a typical salesmen we were working with. He said,"That guys doesn't care. He could be selling a bike or a refrigerator, same thing to him."

Agreed and I'm on it and will be riding one myself, and wrenching on it myself.

I also hate that aspect of dealers. One of my mechanics had a great comment about a typical salesmen we were working with. He said,"That guys doesn't care. He could be selling a bike or a refrigerator, same thing to him."

Must have talked to 90% of the dealers out there!