first race what do I do?

Ok guys so I have been practicing and watching races and it seems like so much fun, but I don't know much about racing..... Do I need a special membership or something? Witch class do I race in? What do I nned to bring?

please help, I'm just a newbie trying to learn but don't know what to do when it comes to racing.

The membership thing varies from track to track. Where are you racing? I'm sure it says most of what you need to know. As for what to bring, it's pretty simple. You, your parent(s) (if you're under 18), your dirt bike, gear, possibly some spare parts? Spare parts isn't a must, but is a plus. Things like spare tubes are good.

As for the class, how old are you? What bike are you on?

I have practiced five maybe six times, I know it's not a lot... But that is all I have had time for as the track is an hour and a half away, but it is what it is. And what about hand guards? Are those a good idea?

I use hand guards. Many people do as well as many people dont. If you dont thnk your ready, then dont race. Get more practice. Only race when you are positive you are ready

Definitely run C class, or D if there is one.

I use hand guards. Many people do as well as many people dont. If you dont thnk your ready, then dont race. Get more practice. Only race when you are positive you are ready

First race I ever did I was on a 91' CR500 last weekend. Practiced with the C class riders, and raced in the Innovation class. First ever time racing, first ever time "practicing," on a bike I've never ridden before -that wasn't set-up for me,- on a track that I've never ridden on before. Everything was against me, and I did okay. I feel YZ250F will fare much better than I did.

To me, hand guards aren't a "have to have" thing, but to each their own.

Edited by DirtRider500R

dont try to win!!... (that is a good practice).........dont be the very last guy at the moto......(that is a very good practice)......dont get mad if you no able to pass some body........(you will passed next race)...and have a good time......just be there is a good time........that what i. told my son when he stated racing.....(long time a go)......he turn to a very good rider and ok racer......at the podium some times..

MATE

Edited by MATE317

Don't worry about an agressive start. That's how you will get hurt. Also, don't try for the holeshot, just take the outside in the first corner and don't get piled up in the inside. Good luck.

^^THIS!!! In my races last weekend, I could have EASILY taken the holeshots, but I didn't. I knew that if I got up there with the more experienced riders, I'd get nothing but hurt. Definitely go outside in the first turn, and do everything at your own pace. Also, STAY IN YOUR LINES!! If somebody is going to pass you, they'll work their way around you. This is even more important when somebody comes flying over you on a jump!

Edited by DirtRider500R

^^THIS!!! In my races last weekend, I could have EASILY taken the holeshots, but I didn't. I knew that if I got up there with the more experienced riders, I'd get nothing but hurt. Definitely go outside, and do everything at your own pace. Also, STAY IN YOUR LINES!! If somebody is going to pass you, they'll work their way around you. This is even more important when somebody comes flying over you on a jump!

This is even more important when somebody comes flying over you on a jump!........+1

Edited by MATE317

I think most of us could go on and on about what you should/ need to do for your first race. Just be careful and enjoy the experience. You might love it, or you might find out you need to practice more and get more comfy on the bike before you race again. Don't watch the A/B class riders and think you can do that. Ride at your own pace, and remember to breathe lol. Have fun! Thumbs up and keep it in two wheels.

• Like 1