Blue/White headlight bulb?

What is the most affordable way to achieve this?

Id like to replace my stock yellow ''REAL DRZ400S'' headlight bulb, there is nothing wrong with the stocker, they light is good and is bright enough for me, i would just like it to be White or even Blue if possible, not looking for the HID setup, $ is not available for that, just want to have a White or Blue headlight instead of the stock yellow.

Thanks, Ron

Links would be appreciated. Ebay/Amazon/MC online stores/etc..

YOu get the white or white to blue color from a bulb that is tinted blue.

YOu get the white or white to blue color from a bulb that is tinted blue.

What bulb is in there now? what manufacturer and part number do i need to look for?

Allot of people might suggest a HID kit. If you are looking to just change the color range so it is not so yellow...just any replacement bulb at your local parts store..you can tell by the glass. If you have the money to spend, get PIAA , or even Silverstars.

The blue tinted bulbs are just a regular bulb with a blue coating. They reduce the amount of yellow-green light. These are the colors where your eye is most sensitive. They may look like they burn hotter, but they actually make it harder to see at night. Bulbs like Silverstars are designed to put out more light where your vision is most sensitive.

I used to run an 80w h4 halogen bulb I got at autozone in the stock headlight. Light output was increased a little bit and the color was close to white. If you want a white/blue colored light you want a 6k colored light.

Yup.

Yup.

Which one, one is like 22 bucks, the other 8 bucks.

Well since you are not going brand name..it really wont matter as long as it is a high/lo H4 bulb. I run PIAAs in my bikes ..although my SM has a OEM bulb in there soon...I should fix it.

Well since you are not going brand name..it really wont matter as long as it is a high/lo H4 bulb. I run PIAAs in my bikes ..although my SM has a OEM bulb in there soon...I should fix it.

Thanks, so i take it the stock is 55/60 low/high bulb?

can i stick a 90/100 in there?

You are looking for a H4 bulb with a P43T base. Yes the bulbs you posted above are fine. Which one? Take your pick. As suggested, the blue bulb will not actually improve lighting.

You are looking for a H4 bulb with a P43T base. Yes the bulbs you posted above are fine. Which one? Take your pick. As suggested, the blue bulb will not actually improve lighting.

What about wattage? can i go with higher wattage for the hi/low? cause that should provide more light.

I thought you were not looking for more light. A 80/100 would be OK.

How long do you think it will take before he gets pulled over?

I thought you were not looking for more light. A 80/100 would be OK.

I would not recommend this unless you are adding a relay.

How long do you think it will take before he gets pulled over?

....for?

Edited by KlownPunch

Around here people had blue green purple even smoked lights. But not anymore. HID light in a halogen enclosure = pulled over for blinding other drivers. HID light in halogen enclosure = illegal = non street legal vehicle = 1st offense a fix it ticket 2nd offense = impound. That's here though. I got my within 3 days his may vary.

Around here people had blue green purple even smoked lights. But not anymore. HID light in a halogen enclosure = pulled over for blinding other drivers. HID light in halogen enclosure = illegal = non street legal vehicle = 1st offense a fix it ticket 2nd offense = impound. That's here though. I got my within 3 days his may vary.

Illegal use of auxiliary lighting is a crime anywhere you are. I would never recommend using HID lighting in a non HID housing. Some guys get lucky, and have a decent cutoff beam pattern. The blue lighting he is talking about just looks like HID..it is not actually blue. The halogen bulb creates a yellowish light..mixing that with the blue coatings makes the light appear crystal white/blue.

And I have never seen anyone in trouble to too bright of light. I ran 80/100s on relays on my GSXR..never had a problem with the police and the lights. ANd I was stopped often on that machine..never a problem. I HAVE seen people get tickets for colored lighting..but we are talking a dark blue..or red..green ect. Many states have those colors reserved specifically for emergency/service vehicles. HID or those bulbs he posted, he would be fine.

Edited by KlownPunch