Sign in to follow this  

remapping stock ecu

I swear, ever since i joined this forum it goes through dead periods where nobody replies to a post or answers questions. I would like to know as well what the originial thread starter is asking. Many people has talked about it, but none have come back to tell us about it!!!

This off topic, but one guy posted that he put ktm brembo pads on his front brakes of his rmz and said it was way better than stock. Well it turns out there is 2 different part numbers, so i asked the dude, which one?? I have yet to get a responce.... 2 months later. Sorry for the rant!!!

I'm hearing you ktoom!

I too would like to know about stock ecu re-flashing

I swear, ever since i joined this forum it goes through dead periods where nobody replies to a post or answers questions. I would like to know as well what the originial thread starter is asking. Many people has talked about it, but none have come back to tell us about it!!!

This off topic, but one guy posted that he put ktm brembo pads on his front brakes of his rmz and said it was way better than stock. Well it turns out there is 2 different part numbers, so i asked the dude, which one?? I have yet to get a responce.... 2 months later. Sorry for the rant!!!

I doubt it, my KTM brakes were always junk but the different part numbers would be likely be for different compound pads. All ktm front pads are the same. Stock Honda pads are good also.

Back to mapping...

The best tune you could get would be to find someone that can Dyno tune it. I talked to a few companies that do this and they said their tuning has varied a decent amount from bike to bike so a general tune really isn't going to give you the best performance you can get. Finding dyno tune companies isn't necessarily hard but finding one that does stock suzuki ECU's seems impossible. You may have to buy the tuner yourself and take it to a dyno tune place. Here is the best tuner I have found thus far. It does fuel and ignition timing. it cost $600 though. http://www.cylplate.com/Bike-Tech-Suzuki-MX-Tuner However the cool thing is when I talked to him he said with the 2013 bikes you can program what each coupler does. So you could have 3 different maps programmed into the bike. So basically this tuner would allow you to do similar things to a vortex ignition for a lot less.

When I talked to keeney/kb5 said couldn't remap. If there is that big of a demand I will offer it,but have to test first. Dont want some bogus map and people bitch. The unit I got is the skylark. For bit over $600 not a bad deal and works on 250 and 450.

Dont know why its hard to get a remap on the stock ecu. Seems like ya gotta pay to play with the rmzs' no matter which way ya go. Im going vortex as soon as my taxes get back lol. Cant beat having 10 maps plus being able to jet each map with a screwdriver in the lo mid and high. Just like a carb, but waaaay easier. Plus you will never have codes or any bs cause' the stock ecu is gone.

EVO industries supposedly does remaps. KB5 may be able to remap now, It was about a year ago that I spoke to them.

EVO industries supposedly does remaps. KB5 may be able to remap now, It was about a year ago that I spoke to them.

I actually emailed EVO and they were the ones who referred me to KB5.

You going to be able to start testing any time soon?

I do not know why Suzuki dealers do not offer remapping. Many KTM dealers do, you can have them give you a "competition map" or some will custom map.

Dont know why its hard to get a remap on the stock ecu. Seems like ya gotta pay to play with the rmzs' no matter which way ya go. Im going vortex as soon as my taxes get back lol. Cant beat having 10 maps plus being able to jet each map with a screwdriver in the lo mid and high. Just like a carb, but waaaay easier. Plus you will never have codes or any bs cause' the stock ecu is gone.

That sounds like a winner. One likes screwdriver mechanics. Does it do fuel or just ignition?

Well if im understanding right the low, mid, hi are just fuel. +12.5 to -10 % are what those do. Just like a carb. Each map has different ignition and timing but in order to change anything youd need the software and connection. Thats way too much $$$$$, but possible if you know how to tune it. I def do not!! But the vortex imo, ensures the safety of the engine better than the piggy back stuff.