Cali smog legal?

• 2 weeks later...

As long as it is plated now it and has that Cali EPA sticker somewhere on it you should be golden. If you are bringing in a bike from out of state you cant go to AAA, you need to do the DMV dance because the bike will need to be inspected and the title will have to be put in the system. I just bought a bike from Texas and I thought I could cruise through AAA but they turned me away and pointed me to the DMV. I would locate any emissions sticker/plate you have as well as the engine and frame (VIN) numbers. Those were the things my inspector wanted to see. I have heard of people being asked to beep the horn, turn signals and license plate lights checked in the past.

Just an FY since I just did it last month.

Edited by cauliflower ears

• 1 month later...

I know in cali, the dmv has a list of vin characters to check. Say fourth character on a cali sold sumo is supposed to be "J" for say a drz. If your bike same model, doesnt have that same character in same place, they will turn it down. What i was told anyway. Its all vin based basically .

I know in cali, the dmv has a list of vin characters to check. Say fourth character on a cali sold sumo is supposed to be "J" for say a drz. If your bike same model, doesnt have that same character in same place, they will turn it down. What i was told anyway. Its all vin based basically .

I gotta look at the vin on my 125. Someone decided it was legal...