2005 CRF250X street conversion

Tackling the wiring part of the project and looking at the stock rear brake cylinder does not have any relay for break light.

Does anyone have a suggestion on source for this.

Also, I seen mention that there are wiring diagrams posted on this forum but have not found them.

Thanks, Les

When I converted my '05 CRF250x for street use back in '05, I bought a "barely legal" kit on ebay. This cheapie kit included a horn and horn button, rearview mirror, brakelight switch (shown in picture below), rear fender extension/LED tail light/brake light/license plate holder, and wiring harness to hook it all up. Cost was about $140, I think.

The hydraulic brakelight switch lasted about 2 years before it stopped working. I found another identical brakelight switch on ebay, replaced it, and it's still working today. If I'm riding my 250x in traffic, I make sure I use my rear brake a little when I slow or stop (so the rearbrake hydraulic switch makes the brakelight turn on), as my front brake doesn't have a brakelight switch installed.

This system has been working for almost 8 years now. I can't ride it after dark on the street, as I don't have turn signals installed (got a warning from a cop after dark once for no turn signals after dark).

368F9928-FD39-45B2-905F-09AD329AF915-3424-0000063CBB32A790.jpg

Google tusk enduro rear brake light switch. They sell a switch that you just unscrew the banjo bolt on your current brake caliper and you screw this one in and it has two lead wires running off of it that plug into your rear brake light wiring... Really easy and runs like $10... But you will need to buy more brake fluid and bleed the brakes if you do go this route... Or google tusk enduro lighting kit and they sell complete harness asseblies... Takes a while to hook up but solves some headaches and runs like 150 total

• 3 weeks later...

I put the tusk enduro kit on my bike and am happy with results. The hi/lo beam switch will even work with stock headlight with some simple modification. Pic attached of brakelight and rear blinker in action.

The kit came with good wiring instructions and the harness is standalone from existing, except your connection to the battery and tie in to headlight if youo go that route. I can send you more info if you want.

I put the tusk enduro kit on my bike and am happy with results. The hi/lo beam switch will even work with stock headlight with some simple modification. Pic attached of brakelight and rear blinker in action.

The kit came with good wiring instructions and the harness is standalone from existing, except your connection to the battery and tie in to headlight if youo go that route. I can send you more info if you want.

Nice!!!