Sign in to follow this  

Awesome!

Got my top end back from KOR. Put it together, did break in, than rode around. Well yesterday a bunch of us went out and ripped. Man this thing is awesome! (97 kx250). I love it so much that im going to buy 2 more of em (Blown top ends) for $400 each).

One complaint, that i see alot, is the front brakes suck soo f'n bad. What is there / what have you done for an upgrade? What swaps over that is much better?

Got my top end back from KOR. Put it together, did break in, than rode around. Well yesterday a bunch of us went out and ripped. Man this thing is awesome! (97 kx250). I love it so much that im going to buy 2 more of em (Blown top ends) for $400 each).

One complaint, that i see alot, is the front brakes suck soo f'n bad. What is there / what have you done for an upgrade? What swaps over that is much better?

Get a 2006+ KXF/KX master cylinder and steel braided line.

I went with a MC from a CRF due to it being free and available. Huge upgrade IMO

I actually have no problem with my front brakes on my 2002 KX. My only observation is that the brake lever is slightly soft. I can squeeze it all the way to the bar if I want to, but the brakes grab so nicely that in real world braking, I never have to pull with more than 1 finger at normal pressures. I would imagine that changing to a steel braided hose would cure the ability to squeeze the lever but it is not much of an issue.

My front brake on my 06 kx sucks too. Ive rebuilt the MC and the caliper, so the only thing left is the brake line. Out of all the bikes Ive ridden, Honda's seem to have consistently awesome brakes. I think the caliper from a crf should bolt up since they are both Nissin and the MC would be no problem. I would try the SS brake line first though as it will be cheaper.