Sign in to follow this  

My XT500 so far

Hey guys, just finished up a top end job on my xt500 and thought I'd post a pic. I did a 88.5mm 10:1 wiseco, valve job, r/d valve springs, rebuilt the oil pump, new oil line to the exhaust rocker, and threw some new paint on the jug and head. The bike also has a new mikuni vm36 and a Hoos Racing pipe. It's a blast to ride, the pipe is a bit loud though :)

FF97BB9A-4D81-46F2-96E5-DC3F837F48E7-7843-000017431737736E_zps0be194d1.jpg

Nice! I have one of these in pieces right now - I do think I have most everything though. I was just looking on here to see if anyone has this bike up and running and if it would be worth it putting it back together.

I took a look at some chopped ones, LOL.. man some of these guys built some seriously cool hard tails out of this model bike.

what did that pipe cost you? I have two stock ones but nothing like that one.

Mike

Do it! These bikes are great! The pipe was around 120 I think, but I had to weld it and paint it myself. It's just an open megaphone so it is loud, I am thinking about selling it and doing a high pipe with a muffler. I like the performance of it, it's just too loud for me.

Hi there

Here's a pic of my 1982 model.

Still stock standard.

Cheers

Peter

image.jpg

I took a look at some chopped ones, LOL.. man some of these guys built some seriously cool hard tails out of this model bike.

My old bike was a 73 Harley that was hardtailed. I love a good hardtail and have seen some great looking SR500s that were hardtailed but I don't think I could ever hardtail one, they make too good of a Cafe or Tracker in my opinion. I also forgot to mention that I converted mine to 12v lightiing with some LED turn signals and an old Harley headlight. Seems to work pretty good. I need to do some work on the frontend next, it is too squirrely.