Sign in to follow this  

Yoshi RS-4 Exhaust

I have been looking at the FMF and the Yoshi and the only videos on youtube of a bike in another country with a RS-4 just sound way to raspy and high pitched. I have no experience with Yoshi systems but is it just me or is that how they typically sound? I like the look of their pipe a lot better being shorter and it puts out good numbers from what I have seen. I just don't think I care for the sound if the one video I found is really what I am gonna get. Anyone actually have this system on their bike and can speak from experience?

Agree, the yoshi pipe vid on youtube dosnt sound good at all, raspy and high pitched. I really hope thats not how it actually sounds. I have a yoshi slip-on on my GSXR and it sounds beautiful, and nearly all yoshis you hear on a sport bike just sound awesome, so im not sure if the vid is just bad sound or what, or the yoshi really does sound bad on this bike, if yoshi truely does sound that bad on these bikes, thats disapointing. They normally sound great on most things iv ever heard them on.

Where was the video on youtube filmed?if it was Thailand it could have been the Thai version (copied) as a few shops here advertise a Thai version or American version (real) of the big brands of exhaust and are around a 1/3 of the price of a real one and do sound abit raspy,either that or just a bad soundtrack on the video as yoshis do normally sound very nice on all bikes.

• Like 1

Where was the video on youtube filmed?if it was Thailand it could have been the Thai version (copied) as a few shops here advertise a Thai version or American version (real) of the big brands of exhaust and are around a 1/3 of the price of a real one and do sound abit raspy,either that or just a bad soundtrack on the video as yoshis do normally sound very nice on all bikes.

• Like 1

i looked at a lot of vids of exhausts...and sorted of judged by the sound, even though i knew that the sound on the amateur vids is not something to judge by. The thing is, they're all recorded diferently - different video cams, different rooms - or outdoors...too many variables.

• Like 1

I really liked the dual exhaust set up :thumbsup: Talk about Bad @SS ... If I was going for looks I would have got that and some cool rims. Maybe even chrome the rear swing arm. But doing stuff like that just makes you want to keep it clean.

Believe it or not ... I really did try to stay practical and economical with my build.

• Like 1

:) yes, you did.

nahh, the chrome swingarm. hell no. The superduke, plain alloy/cast swingarm, with black frame, lot of people had them powdercoated black - like the SDR,but it would look wrong with the silver paint frame. Even that black sm version, i'm not sure i like the total black look on it.

Anyway, no point in blinging them too much, if they're offroad bikes.

And the dual exhaust, seems that most R's have them, but...extra weight and extra joints...that could leak.

• Like 1

Well here is the link to the exhaust I was talking about. Doesn't sound terrible at first and then it just goes down hill real quick....

• Like 1