Sore Forearms

Hey guys, ive been training well and getting my cardio up, fittest I have ever been but what im struggling with is the day after a race my forearms are so sore I can hardly use my hands. I don't get arm pump anymore but im guessing I must still have some death grip.

I try to squeeze as much as I can with my legs but I guess im still hanging on with my arms to much and muscling it. Any ideas on how to break my bad form and any tips on what I should be practicing. It feels like im almost to far off the back of the bike because if I ride up front I feel like im gonna go over the bars if that makes any sense?

Thanks in advance

I feel your pain, I ride once or twice a week and I rode last night and had the worst arm pump I have ever had in my life. Worst part is that I got it within 5-10 mins of being there and never could shake it.

Having your arms extended will work your arms harder because you need to hold on tighter to stay on and it makes it more difficult to grab with your legs as hard. Try moving forward just a little bit. I think that was partially my problem last night. I usually ride over the front of the bike but the track was really deep last night so I had to stay on the back of the bike to keep momentum up. Water throughout the day and breathing correctly while riding is crucial to keeping the darn pump away.

Bigger, softer grips may help as well.

Practice moving further towards the front of the bike and you will likely notice an instant improvement.

• Experts

Hey guys, ive been training well and getting my cardio up, fittest I have ever been but what im struggling with is the day after a race my forearms are so sore I can hardly use my hands. I don't get arm pump anymore but im guessing I must still have some death grip.

I try to squeeze as much as I can with my legs but I guess im still hanging on with my arms to much and muscling it. Any ideas on how to break my bad form and any tips on what I should be practicing. It feels like im almost to far off the back of the bike because if I ride up front I feel like im gonna go over the bars if that makes any sense?

Thanks in advance

Wow, that's weird, sore forearms but didn't get armpump??? At times when my forearms were sore the next day it's because I was experiencing some major armpump the day before. I have a great video on "Body Positions and Movements". That should get you comfortable riding more forward. See a free preview and order or Stream it online. http://www.gsmxs.com/dvds/volume-3/dvd-1-body-positions-and-movements

BodyPos & Mvmt FRONT WP.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, that's weird, sore forearms but didn't get armpump??? At times when my forearms were sore the next day it's because I was experiencing some major armpump the day before. I have a great video on "Body Positions and Movements". That should get you comfortable riding more forward. See a free preview and order or Stream it online. http://www.gsmxs.com...s-and-movements

Hey Gary, thanks for chimming in. Your latest videos look great and well thought out, I have already dropped an few hints and told my partner a few times my birthdays coming up haha.

About the sore arms, its definatley not arm pump thank god, I know all to well what that feels like, I think I caught myself with bad technique, down the long whooped out straights Im trying to lean back and wheelie across the tops of all the rough stuff but instead of gripping with my palms im so far off the bike that im gripping and only holding on with the ends of my fingers, which I think is putting way too much stress on my tendons fore arm muscles etc.

• Experts

Hey Gary, thanks for chimming in. Your latest videos look great and well thought out, I have already dropped an few hints and told my partner a few times my birthdays coming up haha.

About the sore arms, its definatley not arm pump thank god, I know all to well what that feels like, I think I caught myself with bad technique, down the long whooped out straights Im trying to lean back and wheelie across the tops of all the rough stuff but instead of gripping with my palms im so far off the bike that im gripping and only holding on with the ends of my fingers, which I think is putting way too much stress on my tendons fore arm muscles etc.

Yes, that could be exactly what's causing your hands to be sore (too far off the back of the bike). Try riding a little more forward and holding on with your legs more.