Sign in to follow this  

Polaris 450 and 525 reviews?

Looking at quads. Like the Polaris and what it comes with stock. Any body on here own one? What do you think of it? Thanks guys!

Edited by TannerCRF250

i like the 525s never had one or been around one but i love the looks of them besides the exhaust, looks kind of goofy... leafsrule can tell you about his im sure, he has one if i remember right

not trying to change your mind or anything but have you considered a yfz? man i just cant get over the one i got!

Yeah, it seems like a lot of people take the yfz and trash them though. I like them, just not too familiar with them. Stupid question, I know the Yamaha bikes don't have fuel injection yet, but do the quads? I remember in 2009 they came out with the newly designed ones but did it have FI?

I have a 525 and it hauls 450's all day. I really didn't like the IRS though and got one with the straight axle. They work good stock but the biggest gains come from changing the restrictive stock exhaust and air box and then jetting them properly. They're torque monsters and handle suprisingly well too. 08's and older have problems with the plastic being floppy I guess and jumping around at speed but the 09 everything is fixed. They come with very nice components stock, nice alumanum wheels, holeshot tires stock and look very good. I got a 5 year factory warranty with mine, I had an 08 awhile ago and now have an 09.

They are damn mean. I rode a 450 and they were nothing really special, more set up for MX. Still had a great motor though, but the 525 blows it (and any other 450) out of the water. Also comes equpped with fox suspension all around. Here's mine in stock trim with Razr 2's. This one in the pic is my stock 09, I added nerf bars, tires and a twist throttle however. I had an 08 but it was stolen two days after getting it, I had insurance however and was given a nice sized cheque.

I have owned lots of bikes including a 450, a 525 works downright mean. It's the fastest stock bike in it's class or at least was in it's time. I'm not sure about the new 1000 renegades but these things will drag just about anything. 450 killer for sure and a solid trail ride.

349_28702104300_2885_n-1_zps8f599217.jpg

Edited by leafsrule16

i like the 525s never had one or been around one but i love the looks of them besides the exhaust, looks kind of goofy... leafsrule can tell you about his im sure, he has one if i remember right

Sorry didn't see your post, I love my 525s (for a quad). I'll probably do the exhaust eventully, I had white brothers on my 08 before it got stolen and it made a big difference. They also run very lean from the factory causing them to be somewhat hard starting. I had starting problems with my 08 and 09 both and I played around with the jetting, problem solved. The air boxes are restrictive as well, I'm sure when I get more time and if I end up keeping it I'll find a solution for that other then just a filter. It's the box itself that's the problem, not the filter. It's small and restrictive. They are still very mean in stock form though.

Yeah, I remember when the 2009's came out. I saw the DWT rims, tires and Fox shocks and I loved the way they looked too. I found one here but he wants like $3850 and it's a 450.

I'd do it. They're very well equipped for a stock bike and the motor is just a ktm 450 motor as well. Very strong motor and great suspension all around, if it's in good shape and well maintained I'd do it. People associate polaris with being junk but the outlaws are actually great machines, it's a shame they have polaris on the side. I don't know about your prices but I'd pay that kind of money for another one if I was looking.