Sign in to follow this  

Cr 250 what to do for woods

I have an 02 cr250 and its not really set up for what kind of riding i wanna be doing , i have a 125 thats meant for touring and long rides . And i want this to be my woods bike . Its got fatty capped off by a powercore2 . Im running 14-52 gearing and i just wanna know what kind of mods and goodies you suggest so i can get the nice lugging woods bike i want

Here some pics , i did not put on the metal mullisha graphics beause i know i dont do fmx. I just got this bike last ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1366131528.526224.jpgmonth ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1366131582.955748.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1366131648.557159.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1366131691.246160.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1366131745.465352.jpg

1st- bark busters. 2nd- skid plate. 3rd- try a 13t front sprocket and see how you like it. 4th-get your suspension sorted out. 5th-best bang for your buck seems to be milling .025-.030 off the bottom of the cylinder and then either running 100+ octane fuel or haing the head reshaped to get the compression correct for pump gas. You can get some results by replacing the stock base gasket with a thinner version from an 05+ cr250. Many people say that the pwk carb is a great upgrade but I still feel like that is personal preference as I have the stock TMX and it works awesome. There are tons of different things you can do to alter your bike to make it better suited for your riding style but this should get you started.

I would do suspension first, one of the most important mods you can do to any bike. Then get the bike set up and running the way that best suits you including your bolt on goodies.

Edited by KcDavis
  • Like 1

I agree with the above statements, except the PWK, it's light years ahead of the stock TMX. But that can wait until after the suspension, guards and whatever gearing suits your ability and riding area.

I agree with the above statements, except the PWK, it's light years ahead of the stock TMX. But that can wait until after the suspension, guards and whatever gearing suits your ability and riding area.

Suspension is foremost followed next by gearing and then jetting. Don't waste your money on the PWK. :)

JD jet kit worked wonders, havent had a problem since I got that dialed. Its been a couple years now!

Is the PWK simply suggested for offroad/woods riding? Since your not WOT a lot and you need to idle?

You might want to think about a flywheel weight, thats a cheap way to make it less prone to stalling in slow & tight trails and helps the motors ability to lug at lower rpms.

Edited by Nummie
  • Like 1

i agree with this,i put a ten oz on my 01 and love it,it helps for cruizing off the pipe in second or third as well as creeping around in first,actually seems to help get the power to the ground better too which is important out here in the desert where a large portion of our terraine is like concrete with a thin layer of sand on it...im also not having any issues with my tmx now that i ve got the jetting close to where i supposed to be

You might want to think about a flywheel weight, thats a cheap way to make it less prone to stalling in slow & tight trails and helps the motors ability to lug at lower rpms.