Georgetown ~ 4/21/13 ~ 9:00 am ~ Bald Mt.

Snap_2013.04.16+09.43.58_001.jpg

Intermediate Ride this Sunday. All Day. Stage at Bald Mountain. 40 - 50 miles. Lunch back at the trucks.

Bring your Camelbak filled with your favorite beverage.

I've been studying the map & have a nice loop planned out. Minimal roads & I promise not to get lost this time.

Maybe. ?

Edited by superslyko

You tried to kill me again last time!

I heard there's more snow on the ground up there above North-South Rd. & I like the ride up to Leek Springs Tower. = Tons of Snow

Soon. Soon.

And admit it...................... that CR500 just scares you now.

Come on out to Georgetown. I promise I won't take you on anything you can't ride. ?

Edited by superslyko

I'll pass on Georgetown on a weekend.

Too many people.

Rode the 500 last weekend.

I don't remember it being that fast when I rode it all the time.

Damn fast now.

Leek Springs - that's a damn road.

Not much of a challenge.

I have stuff that is a lot more entertaining then a fire road - you know you want to go.

I'll even take the 500 if you wish........

Show you some real power with a 2 stroke.......

Come on my way - they call it Elkins FLAT for a reason.......it's flat and easy!

Plus - I haven't seen anything legal at Georgetown I can't ride.

• Like 1

A lot of folks are planning on hitting GT with me already. If I bailed on them........................ I might get a reputation. ?

Elkins should be prime in May I think. Soon, Oh so soon!

Legal? I never ride anything illegal.

Edited by superslyko

Wow! I didn't even get an invite! I see how it is. lol

That's okay Scott, my feelings aren't hurt, too much. Jk

Have a great ride!!!

I'm off finding new tracks in the desert. One of these weekends if you get a hall pass, I'll show you some SSS.

I'm sure I owe you.

Edited by notTobyG

You know this already, I'm just a lazy SOB. There is no way I'm PM'ing that many people. This thread has over 100 views, nobody ever posts any rides in NorCal anymore.

I can't win. I just can't win.?:foul:?

P.S. Mike, tell us the truth.................... You just don't ride anymore do you!? ? Come on out! I have a bike that can climb hills now, I ain't fast, but I can climb hills now!

Edited by superslyko

Let us know how the snow level is @ Chalk Bluff. I'm primed for that spot cuz it's only good for a short time.

The ride down to the town of Washington is something I've been meaning to do. Lunch at the Bar, on the river................... seating is outside on the back deck. It's beautiful.

Dave Wood had us working on that trail. It was fantastic! ?:devil: Don't try to find that trail. It's not on the map. Oh, and get a map. That place is a maze.

The aqueduct is very interesting & the woodcutters loop. Find the loop. ? But don't tell anyone about it............................................... it's a secret!

P.S. It's an OHV Park. https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/329822-chalk-bluff-saturday-july-29/ I still can't believe I've been doing this this long.

Edited by superslyko

A buddy of mine went there last weekend and said it is already getting dry. Better try to get there soon.

Let us know how the snow level is @ Chalk Bluff. I'm primed for that spot cuz it's only good for a short time.

The ride down to the town of Washington is something I've been meaning to do. Lunch on the river................... it's beautiful.

Dave Wood had us working on that trail. It was fantastic! ?:devil:

THIS is what it's all about.

I won't pretend to be able to ride as well, but I can find that kind of stuff @ GT.

It's there.

Well..................................... the beach ain't there. You gotta go to Pismo for that.

Sunday won't be here fast enough.

P.S. Oh, the magic button! Thanks Smokey!

Edited by superslyko
  • Like 1

I'm going to try a different strategy this time. Last ride I had................ fellas missed the really technical sections & rode around them. The Rock Wall I'm thinking about specifically. So, we'll take a minute to view the obstacle & how to attack it. What a wild idea! Hit the technical sections 2 or 3 times and TALK about it. Wow! You mean I can learn something & do something really fun again & again!?

The biggest issue is this has got to be fun!

Here's a trail map with Bald Mt. highlighted. Driving directions are there.

There are 3 or 4 spots more or less, depending how we are doing. The Flume Trail is NOT one of them. I'm not taking anybody to the super tough stuff. I learned THAT from Dave Wood. He has taken newbies (me) to the 2nd Divide. Remember this is an INTERMEDIATE ride. If you want to smoke tires and burn bridges, don't ride with me, cuz you'll be disappointed.

This is gonna be awesome! ? If you can make it............ great. If you can't............... next ride.

It's Rooster Time! :banana:

Edited by superslyko