Sign in to follow this  

What's the most secure method to hold grips on?

Every single grip I have ever used has came loose on the left side and my method is Scott grip glue and safety wire, what methods do you guys use to hold them mother truckers on

Glue and wire.

Ensure both grips and the bar ends are clean. I wipe them down with break cleaner and let it dry. Dont skimp on the glue and ensure you get enough around the entire bar and coated inside the grip. Just dont glob too much as there is a balance. Wire tight while still wet. Most important, dont mess with it until completely dry.

Truth is there isnt a fool proof method as everything will lose its hold over time. How hard you ride will also affect the bite. On my trail bike the grips have held for a few years. On my MX race bike they sometimes last the season and sometimes dont.

Heck. Maybe its a little luck also

• Like 1

+3 Spray paint and safety wire. Method I have used for 20+ years, never a problem

Edited by slidejob26

pro taper grip glue, drip some in the grip and smash the grip and roll it around

Ive used Golf Re-Grip tape with great success. Wrap the bar in tape and pour some paint thinner over it. The grip should easily Slip on and let it dry overnight.

Edited by Dietz

It's just as important for the grip to come off as it is for it to not move. Most grip glues are exactly that, a glue and it's a huge pain to get the grip back off when it's wore out. With paint they peal right off and are ready for the next set.

• Like 1

Hairspray. Extra Strength. Spray into grip...slides on easy. Line up nice and pretty. Wait 4 hours. Done.

Edited by GaDRZ400sMan