Bother with oil screen?

Do many of you bother to take out the oil screen that is attached to the oil tank when changing oil and filter? I was going to but it didn't appear that It would come off easily so I left it. Did some searching and just found people who bent them all up when removing. Bike has less than 10 hours on it. Is there an easy way to remove if you do?

I took mine out and checked it the first oil change and it was perfectly clean. Was a real pain, so I haven't taken it out since. Maybe will try again on the next oil change.

Took mine off a couple times when I first got my bike, what a friggan pain it was. Ended up warping where the bolt that hold the oil hose that attaches to the crankcase, had to seal it with gasket maker So it wouldnt leak, now I only take it off every second or third oil change.

Always remember to check you you got the right torque! Lol

Learned the hard way

This is a very good video on how to do it. Nothing is hard if you follow it, including the oil screen removal. Oil hose removal was a bit of a pain, but following this guy's suggestion made it easier.

Plan to remove and check mine every other oil change

I check it on the first oil change on a new bike, when a engine gets rebuilt before the build and at first change. Basically, only when the chance for quantity of chunky debris exists.

I have 125 hrs on my bike and over 100 hrs is with no screen. The second screen I broke I decided to live on the edge with no screen.

This is a very good video on how to do it. Nothing is hard if you follow it, including the oil screen removal. Oil hose removal was a bit of a pain, but following this guy's suggestion made it easier.

Plan to remove and check mine every other oil change

6:08 is where the oil screen action starts.