Camping and riding from Coeur d'Alene area

Idaho

Looking to get away from the snow this weekend, any good ideas for where to go camp and ride this weekend?

Ya might try Skyline/McKroskey State park. I heard a few weeks most of the trails were open. For snow anyway, not sure about downed trees and debris.

Not sure what kind of camping you're looking for but most of the campgrounds don't open until ~May 1st. Skyline/McKroskey is about 60 miles south of CDA but I'll have to defer to Booger109 if the trails are clear or not. I rode Canfield, which is in CDA, three weeks ago and the trails were clear until you hit the snow on East Canfield Butte. You can look at the map (http://www.fs.usda.g...fsm9_018428.pdf) and see there's lots of riding before you hit the snow level. Just no camping. I know there will be several PANTRA guys (including me) riding there this weekend.

Edited by xrsingletrack

Thanks guys!! I road McKroskey last weekend and it was full of snow and down trees. I know that there is good riding in tri cities but I dont know where to go. Have any of you road down there before? I live in CDA but want to get out of town .

Thanks guys!! I road McKroskey last weekend and it was full of snow and down trees. I know that there is good riding in tri cities but I dont know where to go. Have any of you road down there before? I live in CDA but want to get out of town .

Juniper Dunes is the only place I know in the tri cities area. There's no services but you can camp there and it's a mixture of sand bowls and trails through the sage brush. It usually is about ten degrees warmer at Juniper than CDA so the weather should be close to 70 this weekend. It's patrolled heavily so don't forget your flag. Although you can get by without them, I would recommend paddles too.