Sign in to follow this  

California heading to johnson valley 4/19-4/21

Me and the family are heading out to Johnson Valley this weekend and always wanted to see the indian drawings on the rocks. Ive only been out there a few times over the years but was wondering if anyone has an easy trail for the kiddos to see these. I think it would be way cool. Some of the adults may even make the Slash x ride for a beverage or two if someone has a trail for that too. Any info would be cool.

I think he meant amongst the hikers.

Where are these drawings at?

I think he meant amongst the hikers.

Where are these drawings at?

sounds like we will have to close it down for archaeological reasons. Does Jerry know about this? Maybe some tagging.

sounds like we will have to close it down for archaeological reasons. Does Jerry know about this? Maybe some tagging.

wat

Me and the family are heading out to Johnson Valley this weekend and always wanted to see the indian drawings on the rocks. Ive only been out there a few times over the years but was wondering if anyone has an easy trail for the kiddos to see these. I think it would be way cool. Some of the adults may even make the Slash x ride for a beverage or two if someone has a trail for that too. Any info would be cool.

Another very cool "must do" is the huge hill of seashells just NE of Anderson Dry Lake. It looks like a dry ocean was just dropped from the sky. To me, that's the most bizarre thing out in the desert! Very easy for the kids to get to.

I looked for the sea shells today. I left from just above cuogar buttes and headed to the mine using non whooped trails. I crossed powerline road and headed north east. I found a bunch of ribbons on the trail! I also found a staked off section that was ribboned off. Somebody left a few small sledge hammers there.

I rode some of the course! Seen three guys on dirtbikes cruising the trail too

What was the weather like? Was it Hot?

i got there at around 11am, it was 84. when i left at 4;30 it was 87.

got alittle breezy, but all in all,,,perfect

• Like 2

i got there at around 11am, it was 84. when i left at 4;30 it was 87.

got alittle breezy, but all in all,,,perfect

Sounds like it is getting hot, looks like the desert season is coming to a end. Well there is always the mountains: big bear, arrowhead, silver wood.

It cools off in the evening, mornings are always nice even in in the summer. Just got to get up early, sleep with your hands above the blankets the night before you want to ride.

We had a blast out there but never found the markings on the rocks. I guess I'll just have to make another trip and try again. I would like to see that sea shell thing too. Guess I just camped in the wrong area. I still have the month of may to try.