Sign in to follow this  

Florida Samsula Enduro

Anyone going to the Samsula Enduro by FTR on May 5th?

There is a Wanker ride at Highland Park that weekend.

I will not be attending as I will be in New York City doing the Five Boro Bike Tour.

• Like 1

There is a Wanker ride at Highland Park that weekend.

I will not be attending as I will be in New York City doing the Five Boro Bike Tour.

My tech in NYC is doing that. Let me know if you need a local contact.

My tech in NYC is doing that. Let me know if you need a local contact.

Thanks, Stillie. I did it about 10 years ago. My kids are old enough now (15, 12) to do it, so my wife and kids are heading up for it. It was a lot easier to get to from DC/Baltimore area!

I might be doing it again this year. I did it last year. However I am not sure if it is on the same property as last year. I think they had to use the Samsula property for the enduro last year because the property they normally use was too dry (fire danger). It was very dusty/hot last year. This enduro tends to be one of the "tougher" ones in the FTR series. I had never done one before but have raced quite a few harescrambles. I did half the enduro and the guys I was riding with decided they had enough. I noticed about 60 to 70 percent of the participants dropped out. I think it was due to the heat/dust issue. I could have continued but I don't know if i would have finished it.

Mark C

Ooops! I did not realize it was this weekend. My son andh is fiance are expecting their first child any day so I probably won't make it this weekend. Plus I had a hard crash at a MX race this weekend and my wrist/thumb is sprained.

Mark C