Practicing every day good?

I built a track close to my house,that I plan to ride everyday. It has sections of decent sized bumps, making for a very rough and makeshift whoops/rollers section. It also has some jumps, they are small, but they kind of kick you weird so you really have to be jumping right to have good flight and not get kicked or loop. It really makes you feel comfortable on the bike. We are planning on making them bigger too, a lot bigger. The rollers really help you let your bike work and use your suspension and getting used to your bikes getting a little loose and moving around. Then we also have some rutted and bermed corners, Which you can rail and they are pretty big, and I have already learned a lot more about hitting berms. It is about a quarter mile in the straights, with the whoops, and jumpps, in the shape of an oval. but its big. I always feel like I'm the worst one at the track, ( although Im not) I just really want to practice. It is no Red Bud. Its better than practicing once every three weeks. All the tracks are like 1 hour and a half away from here so. If I practice every day, do you think I will notice dcent improvements. Will it really help practicing every day.

Edited by yz125rider447

Absolutely. The most important part of practicing is seat time. A few years back a buddy and I made a small track in a dried up pond behind his house. A friend from down the road brought his dads small tractor over and scraped out the track and piled up the dirt where we wanted jumps and berms. We formed them the way we wanted with shovels and rakes. It was a track most would look at and laugh, but riding that thing all the time made me SO much more comfortable on the bike. I saw vast improvements in my lap times and finishing positions at races on "real" tracks. Seat time = results. No matter what kind of track you're riding.

REEDDDDD BUUDDDD!!!!! :thumbsup:

What city are you in?

I would practice 2 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 1 day off, 1 day free ride......If you practice too much, your body will not be able to recover properly and after awhile you will actually be do more damage then good......

I ride every other day . I will spend about a hour . we have a pretty good track Then my 3 rd day i go trail ride Weekends i race

What city are you in?

Novi.

Do you guys think this will significantly improve my riding?if I do this the whole summer

Yes, by far it will help you. you'll learn the bike better, feeling of it and how the bike works at your own pace. My track is set up Arena-cross Style so I've got all the hair pin corners into a 50ft tabletop followed by a double double and so on. But this will make you a lot better just by riding your track everyday. And remember always keep it watered and prep it often. Change it up so you don't get to used to it.

riding everyday makes me feel good :excuseme:

Don't ride everyday, ride every day that you FEEL like it, if you're just out there pounding out motos then you're gonna hate it sooner or later.

Don't ride everyday, ride every day that you FEEL like it, if you're just out there pounding out motos then you're gonna hate it sooner or later.

Yeah for sure, but I am usually starved of riding so I take almost all I can get lol. Attempting to be a whore

Novi.

Do you guys think this will significantly improve my riding?if I do this the whole summer

Im shocked you can even start a dirt bike in northville/novi without complaints. Towns are full of....well. fill in the blank haha. And the police are d*cks, especially Novi. Lived within 5-15mins of Novi my entire life, lol. Though you did say in the other thread where that track was, and that is definitely on the outskirts of Novi, not like twelve oaks area or a 5mi radius of it where most of the cops hang out.

Edited by J_WR2fitty

ruts and corners are more beneficial on that kind of stuff then kickers or jumps