Sunrise ride in Hemet this morning.

California

Had a great little early morning solo ride today. Took a few pics. Enjoy!

Getting ready at 0 dark thirty

file_zps62073a48.jpg

A couple of warmup loops in the dark

file_zpsc25a50de.jpg

file_zps3d0998dc.jpg

I met up with Tony Orlando this morning. We hooked up at the crack of Dawn. Or should I say in the crack of Dawn!

file_zps5fe67053.jpg

After an hour or so of darkness and good sunrise warmup, I was able to twist the throttle a bit higher and put her in third gear.

file_zps1caf134f.jpg

Hit some really cool misty fog.

file_zpsa101c95c.jpg

Fireroad! YUCK!! A necessary evil---------

file_zps6bf5474d.jpg

----------To get to the fun trail. This trail is not all that bad going down from here.

1026ef54-86a9-4557-a239-e84db1a9057e_zps0be22550.jpg

file_zps01535d65.jpg

Continued…..

The fun part is coming back up. Lots of switchbacks and rock steps. Pictures do no justice.

file_zpsa6b17fbf.jpg

This rock step is about 10' high. I was so spent this morning, I bulldogged it up!

file_zps85147311.jpg

Same step, another angle, another day.

file_zpsb7237898.jpg

Enjoying the view coming back to the truck.

file_zpscbd47ccc.jpg

My bike required some "stitches" after a few low speed tip overs.

file_zps5a8073f3.jpg

A quick oil change, clean air filter, and ready for the next thrashing.

file_zpsec45be86.jpg

file_zpsc9a6cdfa.jpg

I know everyone is on the GOPRO bandwagon. I'm still old school and like to take pictures. Besides, I go so slow it would bore most guys. I'm really enjoying riding lately. I have consistently been peeling off 25-50 single track miles or 100-200 dual sport miles every week or two.

:thumbsup: ... Edited by Jeff aka BOLT

So Ballist-Chris, since that is obviously a 'legal and designation area', do you mind saying where it is?

Edited by Krannie

Hemet... SBNF - San Jacinto District

So Ballist-Chris, since that is obviously a 'legal and designation area', do you mind saying where it is?

I think it's actually San Bernardino district. Not too sure…..

Wow that looks fun stuff. Going to look it up, it's probably 20 mins from me. Nice pics Chris.

Thanks Darrell! It's very fun.

1026ef54-86a9-4557-a239-e84db1a9057e_zps0be22550.jpg

Thats funny...........

I've also been wanting to explore down by Lake Hemet. It looks like there are some "user generated" singletrack trails that will take you down to the lake and up into the San Jacinto Mountains via Idyllwild. I'm not opposed to blazing along on a Hiking trail. I am very opposed to going across someones private property though.

I've noticed a lot of private land around this area. So the challenge is how to get from point A-B without crossing it. I may do as we did at El Mirage and actually get the landowners permission to cross their property.

Wait, no whoops, no silt, no crowds, no quads, no rangers....this CAN'T be off-road riding.....

Nice pics. Thank you for sharing. :thumbsup:

Hemet... San Bernardino National Forest - "San Jacinto District"

There is no such a thing as San Bernardino District. SBNF is made up of 3 districts... San Jacinto, Mountaintop and Front Country Districts.

All that stuff you have been riding down near Hemet is San Jacinto District. Trust me I know. I was watching the game camera feeds of your ride. :lol:

There is no such a thing as San Bernardino District. SBNF is made up of 3 districts... San Jacinto, Mountaintop and Front Country Districts.

All that stuff you have been riding down near Hemet is San Jacinto District. Trust me I know. I was watching the game camera feeds of your ride. :lol:

Heck, all I know is SBNF is plastered all over the signs. I just ride the darn stuff. After hearing about what you go through at these ranger meetings, adopt a trails and such, I will stay out of the "politics" end of it.

This dual sport riding has opened up a whole new world of trail blazing!

That is part of the OC Duallies Ride for kids next month if I am not misstaken. NO?

Thanks Chris for chairing... :cool:

That is part of the OC Duallies Ride for kids next month if I am not misstaken. NO?

Thanks Chris for chairing... :cool:

Yes it is Gary, I will be doing that ride. I'm all signed up. Thanks for reminding me! I'm going to have to ride that trail with my bike loaded down ADV style.

I smell a 400 mile dual sport day ride in the wind! Now that my Ninja 650 is no longer, I'm forced to ride my Beta as an adventure ride. I have a real dual sport helmet. So it will actually be enjoyable. FWIW, moto helmets SUCK on long days (highway) in the saddle. I did a 300 miler last summer that just about destroyed my neck in the windy desert.

I have the hornet shoei. Nice helmet.

I have the hornet shoei. Nice helmet.

+Me too! I did a OC duallies ride a month or so and the Hornet was amazing.

Thanks Darrell! It's very fun.

Let me know if you go again.

awesome ride for sure.