How often should I change oil?

The manual also says to change the piston at 15 hrs. Really? Change the oil and piston at the same time....What the......?

I also change the oil every 2-3 hrs and filter every 3 or 4 oil changes...

first off get a hour meter on it if ya dont have one yet. We do ours every 5 hours. Oil filter every other change. Sometimes thou if we are going for a long moto weekend and dont want to change it at the track. Will change it before we leave for the weekend at 3.5 to 4.5 or so

I do mine once a week I get a big gallon jug, that lasts a month along with four oil filters, I ride a few times per week , if I ride once or twice and don't have a race on the weekend ill stretch it another week, I find that to be a good routine (practice Mon-Thurs, Change oil Friday, race Saturday, repeat)

Yep, 2-4 hours is what I do, filter nowhere near as often because my oil never really gets dirty.. maybe every 5 oil changes. air filter is every ride for me..max I went was 2 rides on one air filter

The manual also says to change the piston at 15 hrs. Really? Change the oil and piston at the same time....What the......?

I also change the oil every 2-3 hrs and filter every 3 or 4 oil changes...

The manual is assuming you are racing the bike. The changing oil every 15 hrs is a little long for racers. Same for changing the piston if you race these bikes hard. My routine has always been two rides change oil. Change oil filter every other oil change. The most important is clean and re oil the air filter after every ride.

The manual is assuming you are racing the bike. The changing oil every 15 hrs is a little long for racers. Same for changing the piston if you race these bikes hard. My routine has always been two rides change oil. Change oil filter every other oil change. The most important is clean and re oil the air filter after every ride.

It certainly depends on how the bike is ridden. One hour by one guy could be equal to ten of another, regardless if it is raced or not.

It would be interesting to have not only an hour meter but a rev counter that could measure how many times the crank has rotated in that amount of time. (I guess that would be a tachometer with an odometer) One guy could have substantially more accumulated crank revolutions in an hour than another guy. ... that would be a better indicator of how hard the bike was ridden during that time....