Ticking noise

Hey guys just got a 05 450r and turns out the compression was 70psi. Rebuilt the top end, new piston, rings, gaskets, lapped the valves up real nice and snug, and shimmed them a little tight cuz a guy at a shop said they will sit in after a bit and it will keep them in spec longer. When I am at idle I hear a ticking sound, not knocking, coming specifically from the right side of the motor. It's fades away after higher Rpms, but it is definitely noticeable at low Rpms. Any input?

i want to know how you tested compression on a four stroke with an automatic decompression mechanism? never shim them tight, valves only ever tighten up, never loosen up. ticking on these motors isnt uncommon with the forked exhaust rocker arm making a fair bit of noise. if you lapped the TITANIUM valves then you ruined them, should probably just tear it apart again and buy a whole new complete head from bigborethumpers. keep the intakes at .004 to .006 and the exhausts at .009 to .011 just making sure there is a 5 thousandths difference between the two. i run them tight to keep the motor quiet. make sure the decompressor is always at .013 clearance.

The valves are in that range, just on the tighter side, and also they are steel not titanium. Would it have anything to do with timing? The timing is set to the second tick mark ( the one on the right) of the little timing hole you look into. where do you check your decompressor clearance? thanks for your help

Your going to get some valve train noise from the moror. Lots of moving parts. Aside from some engine noise I have noticed when the bike is in nutral and I pull in the clutch some of the noise goes away.

The valves are in that range, just on the tighter side, and also they are steel not titanium. Would it have anything to do with timing? The timing is set to the second tick mark ( the one on the right) of the little timing hole you look into. where do you check your decompressor clearance? thanks for your help
are the valves stock or aftermarket? I know my 06s OE intakes were titanium and the exhausts made of inconel. Can't remember if stock 05 intakes are titanium or not. Easiest way to line the timing up is through the large plug on the right side of the engine, 10mm Allen, line the dot up with the arrow, then check the cam. To check decomp clearance you have to have your feeler gauge between the right side exhaust valve and rocker arm(.011) and then have a .013 feeler between the top of the rocker and the adjustment screw on the decomp follower. You should also keep the .013 feeler in there when checking that right exhaust valve.