5 NW guys trip to Moab

Washington

5 of us just returned from an epic trip to Moab, Utah. What a fantastic place to ride. we all had 5 days of riding in 3 different locations and even managed to complete the crazy hard 5MOH trail intact ( bodies and bikes). This was on my bucket list and i sure hope to return again soon. Some pictures.....

IMG_1010_zps4e0cfd5d.jpgIMG_1001_zpscb38b94b.jpgIMG_1000_zps191c6275.jpgIMG_0993_zpsdd1cee4c.jpgIMG_0988_zps28185b34.jpgIMG_0981_zps083c27e6.jpgIMG_0957_zps4715b522.jpgIMG_0937_zpsd2d74306.jpg

On the day we did the 5 miles of hell trail, we rode for about 15 miles to get to it. Making it through the 7.6 miles of it ( yes, it's more than 5 miles) took the 5 of us FIVE hours. It was the most difficult, crazy, relentless trail i have ever ridden ( no way any other legit trail could be more difficult). anyway, we finished the day with something like 64 miles covered in 9 hours........wow. Thanks to Dion, Jim, Mike, and Gino for making this trip so amazing. Russ even drove down and joined us for a couple rides too!

Joe

Edited by trailmeisterjoe

Duplicate post

Edited by trailmeisterjoe

Thanks for sharing the pics and the story. Sounds like it was the makings for some excellent memories.

More pictures?

More pictures?

Yes please!!! I have a couple other buddies that rode down there a couple weeks ago, saying the same thing about 5MOH. Toughest trail they have ever been on. That is crazy shiz...

TM!! Where were you at the alley sweeper you big wimp!!! Your boyfriend Mudd even showed up...

Trying to get a track done in between rainstorms, or i would have been there rico! Ask mudd about our moab trip sometime.

Love the utah pictures joe, something about those rocks that is just cool!

Link to the rest of my pictures. Hopefully Dion/Pard chimes in with links to the hours of video he took. they were AWESOME .....especially the stuff from 5MOH.

Joe

http://s267.photobucket.com/user/trailmeisterjoe/library/?sort=3&http://s267.photobucket.com/user/trailmeisterjoe/library/?

oh yeah....rode the day after 5MOH with my bars shoved over to the right about an inch LOL.....i thought something wasn't right. hmmmmm musta' shoved them over during the carnage that day.

IMG_1011_zps7abb7b2e.jpg

Oh yeah.....love the "big tank" gas can Dion brought.......he comes prepared !

IMG_0945_zps1e88c130.jpg

oh yeah....rode the day after 5MOH with my bars shoved over to the right about an inch LOL.....i thought something wasn't right. hmmmmm musta' shoved them over during the carnage that day.

Very jealous of that trip. I've been to Moab 3 times; Jeep, mt. bike and street bike. Every time, swearing I'd be back with the dirt bike.

How do you like the Flexx bars? Are they worth the price? I've been considering them.

Thanks for the report Joe. looks like you guys had a great time. Got to get down there!!

chef Eric

Did Gino fall in? :)

On the day we did the 5 miles of hell trail, we rode for about 15 miles to get to it. Making it through the 7.6 miles of it ( yes, it's more than 5 miles) took the 5 of us FIVE hours. It was the most difficult, crazy, relentless trail i have ever ridden ( no way any other legit trail could be more difficult).

It took my wife and I almost 5 hours as well. I proposed to her afterwards. By myself it's more like 60-90 minutes. Really it only has a couple semi-hard spots, and alot of fun rock-hopping.

There are a few trails around here that are in the same category of difficulty, only without escape routes. (big peak creek, going up victor creek, the old route on center ridge near burgdorf, etc...).

We're heading down there on friday. Weather looks to be perfect.

Did Gino fall in? :)

Brett.....Gino was 'da man! he made the whole thing and took a beating.....we likened him to Rocky Balboa !

Joe

he looks to be a little wet in the one pic :)

Sounds fun....I was stuck in Odessa listening to people complain about "box canyons" :devil:

DSC05747.JPGDSC05751.JPGDSC05758.JPGDSC05806.JPGDSC05811.JPGDSC05812.JPGDSC05856.JPGDSC05875.JPGDSC05880.JPGDSC05888.JPG

Huh, those orange bikes sure like to swim.....

Nice :ride: Joe...Did you get a new bike?

Is the swimming in dead cow? or somewhere else? just curious what the water is like since we're headed there friday.