Thor Force or Bell Moto 9?!?

Hey guys. I was just wondering which helmet is better for all types of riding, also what are the pros and cons of each helmet. Thnx

Have you tried either of them on? Which one fits your head better? That should be the #1 factor in deciding between those lids. They are both similar in weight and construction materials as well as both having anti bacterial liners. I personally just bought a Moto9 on Monday but have yet to ride in it yet. I had narrowed my choices down to a Shoei VFXW or the Moto9 (after trying them and many others on) but it came down to price for me, last years color schemes (I'm not stuck on having the latest fashion) on the Moto9 can be had in the $220-$299 range while all the Shoei's I could find were still around the $400+ mark. The magnetic cheek pads and strap were selling points for me as well as having very positive reviews everywhere I looked. The Moto9 also has a precut section in the foam for the Eject system which I thought was cool, but I'm wondering if first responders would even know to look for it/use it, if/when the time comes? I had a Fox V3 last and it fit like it was designed just for me, the Moto9 feels a little more round but hopefully the padding will break in a little and have it fitting me like the Fox.

Go try them both on and I think you won't need anyone else's opinion... but I think the Thor is ugly!

Have you tried either of them on? Which one fits your head better? That should be the #1 factor in deciding between those lids. They are both similar in weight and construction materials as well as both having anti bacterial liners. I personally just bought a Moto9 on Monday but have yet to ride in it yet. I had narrowed my choices down to a Shoei VFXW or the Moto9 (after trying them and many others on) but it came down to price for me, last years color schemes (I'm not stuck on having the latest fashion) on the Moto9 can be had in the $220-$299 range while all the Shoei's I could find were still around the $400+ mark. The magnetic cheek pads and strap were selling points for me as well as having very positive reviews everywhere I looked. The Moto9 also has a precut section in the foam for the Eject system which I thought was cool, but I'm wondering if first responders would even know to look for it/use it, if/when the time comes? I had a Fox V3 last and it fit like it was designed just for me, the Moto9 feels a little more round but hopefully the padding will break in a little and have it fitting me like the Fox.

Go try them both on and I think you won't need anyone else's opinion... but I think the Thor is ugly!

But where could I try one on?

Cycle gear should have the BELL. Maybe a local MX shop for the Thor. I've tried on the bell, and man its nice. Personally ive never been a fan of thor gear, Im sure theyve come a long way but put it this way, bell is a HELMET company. THOR isnt. or at least they didnt start out that way... .02 :thumbsup:

Edited by meinmoto

But where could I try one on?

What city do you live in and how far are you willing to drive?

As meinmoto said, Cyclegear is likely to have the Bell, the Thor is not as popular so you are less likely to find it in stock at a place you could try it on. In the past (when I had local shops that were worth a $h!+), I have had my local shop order 2 like items of different brands and told them I would only be purchasing 1 and they were kind enough to order both and send the one I didn't buy back. If there is a shop close by that you like dealing with, that is one option... just don't make them go to the trouble and then buy it somewhere else anyway! There are also several online vendors that have good return policies such as Revzilla or Rocky Mountain so you could swap one helmet for the other or buy both and send one back.

Bell Moto 9 is a sweet helmet for the closeout price.

What city do you live in and how far are you willing to drive?

As meinmoto said, Cyclegear is likely to have the Bell, the Thor is not as popular so you are less likely to find it in stock at a place you could try it on. In the past (when I had local shops that were worth a $h!+), I have had my local shop order 2 like items of different brands and told them I would only be purchasing 1 and they were kind enough to order both and send the one I didn't buy back. If there is a shop close by that you like dealing with, that is one option... just don't make them go to the trouble and then buy it somewhere else anyway! There are also several online vendors that have good return policies such as Revzilla or Rocky Mountain so you could swap one helmet for the other or buy both and send one back.

I live in Sedona az, the farthest I'm willing to travel is to Phoenix which is a good 100 miles.

I live in Sedona az, the farthest I'm willing to travel is to Phoenix which is a good 100 miles.

Hmm... for some reason, SoCalFreerideman25, I thought you lived in SoCal.

So much for me recommending a place to look! Maybe try asking for a good shop here: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/34-southwest/ But I think your best bet is to just mail order both and send one back.

Check out places in mesa gilbert chandler or phoenix. Im from queen creek I got all my gear in chandler. But I've heard there's a lot of new places down there. So I would check online for cycle shops in those areas!

I have tried on the Bell Moto 9. I have not tried the Thor. I can tell you the Bell is one of the most comfortable helmets I have ever put on. I tried on the Shoei and Prefer the Bell.

Bought this today! You know my choice!

547844_10151535722170138_556911826_n.jpg

Hmm... for some reason, SoCalFreerideman25, I thought you lived in SoCal.

So much for me recommending a place to look! Maybe try asking for a good shop here: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/34-southwest/ But I think your best bet is to just mail order both and send one back.

Haha yeah I think anyone would think that, I'm over here for now until I get some business done.

Bought this today! You know my choice!

547844_10151535722170138_556911826_n.jpg

Sick helmet bro! How does it fit. Is it comfy and light. Oh yeah, and also how does sizing run. Thnx

I use a bell. Won't buy any other. They fit better for me.

Sick helmet bro! How does it fit. Is it comfy and light. Oh yeah, and also how does sizing run. Thnx

Fits great! The padding inside is very nice and soft. As far as sizing, I find it fits exactly like hat size. I got a huge head and wear 7-7/8" hats. Ive tried almost every XXL helmet in in town other than a Shoei and they all fit small despite saying they fit up to 8" heads. It might not be as light as the Suomy MrJump I was looking at, but probably because the Suomy padding is minimally thin and uncomfortable. I'm very happy with my purchase so far, but I havent taken her on the trail yet.

Cycle gear should have the BELL. Maybe a local MX shop for the Thor. I've tried on the bell, and man its nice. Personally ive never been a fan of thor gear, Im sure theyve come a long way but put it this way, bell is a HELMET company. THOR isnt. or at least they didnt start out that way... .02 :thumbsup:

Using your reasoning, HJC must make better helmets than Fox?

H

Olaah c Ppppp pool

Palomanegra con Lola Beltran n