I done did it

I traded my 07 YZ450 yesterday For two 2 smokers. Last year I got back into rideing after 8-9 year break and bought a 450 cause that's what all the cool kids where doing. I put 250 hours on it and had to rebuild it twice. It was a great bike. It was all I could ask for besides 3x the money to rebuild it. But I found myself missing the 2 smokers. I mean whats the worse that happens I tire of the two smokers this season and have to sell these two and buy a 450? Or maybe.... I get a 450 and have both. Anyone else go through this?

3gd3ff3l35k45he5j8d4efd.png

3k43ia3hb5g95e75j5d4ea4.jpg

Wow. Those are really clean. Especially the Yamaha. What year models are those?

I just love bikes that don't have all of the aftermarket graphics and stuff. It's just a cleaner look. Maybe I'm just old.

01 KX 125 and a 03 YZ 250. And yes they are both super clean. The 03 was in storage for many years. The 01 was bought for a kid who I guess did no take to rideing.

Edited by Strongbad999

You did good!!! Here in Ontario, A 450, especially with that many hrs isnt worth much.You pretty much have to give them away. Here, you wouldnt have even got one old 250 here for the 450, let alone two. Good deal

Well the bike I traded only had about 90 hours and one rebuild on it, The total 250 hours was on two 07 YZ 450's over the year. I found that to rebuild the 450 took longer than I wanted to be without a bike so I had two of them. I sold one of them a few months back because it had the bulk of the hours on it then traded the second for these. Here is a peek at the old bikes.

img9029kh.jpg

0521121115.jpg

Took the bikes out today and ran them. Both started 1st kick and ran flawless. I am a bit bigger than the former owner so I spent some time adjusting the suspension and controls to my needs. I forgot how fun and forgiving a 125 can be. I was thinking of selling it but not sure. The 250 will me my main bike though. It packs the punch I like and seems mighty nice. I have missed the smell and sound a 2 stroker for sure.

If it were an 03-05 I be asking for you to sell it to me. but I need one within those years. Interchangability is awesome when something breaks. I have an 03 125 and 05 250. plastics, bolts, controls, etc swap easily.

Edited by SAPPERS